Mole near the bottom of eyelid is concerning me. (photos)

I have a mole that is about 2.5 to 3 mm in. I've had it for about 5/6 years, but I've noticed that it's changed in size. Also, it used to be one solid color. Now, it looks like it's one large brown mole with another really dark mole inside it. It's a raised mole with hair growing. It feels soft but at the very center, it has a rough texture. I want to get it examined but if insurance won't cover it, around how much would removal cost be and which method would be best? Thank you!

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- Lasers, Radiowave, Shave -- See an Expert

This can be removed with lasers or surgical removal. I suggest you see an expert to avoid scarring.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Excison of eyelid moles are easy and painless for roughly $350-500.

It is so easy to get most facial moles removed and especially ones around the eyes heal really nice. Cost is roughly $350-500 and so worth it.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Mole near Eye

I recommend seeing a plastic surgeon to evaluate and likely remove the lesion appropriately.  If it has changed over the years, insurance will likely cover the removal.  Best of luck

Most insurance companies should cover the removal. I would suggest finding a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon