Liposuction or tummy tuck? (Photo)

Heres some Pictures to help answer my last question.

Tummy tuck or liposuction?

I find in my practice that oftentimes these are not simply one or the other. You may be a good candidate for tummy tuck if, as my colleagues have said in their answers, you are finished with pregnancy, have a good support system to help during recovery, and are not actively trying to lose weight/are at or close to your ideal weight. However, in order to achieve the best result with your body habitus, you may benefit from liposuction at the same time - ie. if you have lovehandles, VASER liposuction may sculpt your waist from the back and sides while the tummy tuck helps to smooth and flatten your front. In your consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon, have him/her show you photos of his/her results for each of these procedures and for the combination procedures so you are well educated about your options. I hope this has been helpful! - Dr. Mills.

Liposuction or tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question. Its is hard to tell from the photos if you´d need a tummy tuck or if you´d do well with liposuction alone.  The ideal liposuction candidate has localized fat deposits and quality overlying skin without significant excess skin or skin damage.  Fat can then be removed to strategically sculpt the body and accentuate feminine curves.  The skin then retracts over the new shape to give the final result.  Liposuction is such a great motivator to diet and exercise, to lose weight and get in shape. If you gave birth and have muscle and skin laxity and are not planning on having any more babies then a tummy tuck would be the ideal procedure for you. Best is an in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in these procedures to get the best plan for you.

Liposuction or tummy tuck?

Thank you for the question. You will likely be a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery; definitive advice however would necessitate much more information. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight. When the time is right, seek consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. It will be important to educate yourself about the potential risks/complications associated with surgery and have a good idea of realistic expectations. Keep in mind, that it is a major operation, associated with a significant physical (and often emotional) recovery period. Having enough help/support at home for yourself and children will be important part of the planning process.     You may also find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting with or without Tummy Tuck

you likely would benefit from liposuction alone, at least a VASER 4D contouring procedure.  However, I would suggest a formal consultation because if you have loose skin this needs to be treated with skin removal at the same time.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Choosing the correct procedure

In a nutshell and abdominal plasty treats skin laxity and muscle separation from previous pregnancies. Liposuction it removes subcutaneous fat(The fat that you can pinch below the skin) and nothing else. In your case you appear to have all three. If you are not going to have a future children then an abdominoplasty with some adjuvant liposuction will give the best result. Some patients are not willing to undergo the extensiveness of that procedure. When that is the case liposuction may be an appropriate alternative though it will not give as dramatic of a results. An abdominoplasty will also lead to long scars, a long recovery, and often someone an unnatural looking bellybutton. Please consult with one or more board-certified plastic surgeon's to have in person consultations. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question. From your photos, you appear to be a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck with liposuction to your hips and back.  You should get a great result, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Lipo or Tummy tuck

Thank you for your photos. I believe you can have a great result from a combination of both liposuction and tummy tuck. A tummy tuck can help remove excess skin and tighten your core muscles (abs) to give you a flatter look on profile. A tummy tuck, however, does not typically reach out to your flanks. This is where liposuction can step in and complete the job to create a nice defined and curved waist. The two procedures can be done during the same operation. It is important that you are at a stable weight before having these types of procedures as any significant weight changes can affect the final result. Hope this helps!
Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery 

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician