Liposuction or tummy tuck?

I'm 5'3, 160 lbs, never been pregnant. My main concern is my love handles. But I would like to have a flat tummy as well

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting with tummy tuck -- FEMALE HI DEF 4D CONTOURING

If you have loose skin you really need it removed with surgery at the same time as liposuction is done to contour, shape and define.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lipo or Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. It is hard to determine without a photo but liposuction is good for removing love handles and stubborn fat on one's belly. Tummy tuck is more effective when a patient has loose skin. I would recommending having a consultation with a skilled plastic surgeon to determine what surgery would help you achieve the aesthetic results you desire.

Kamran Azad, MD
Pasadena Physician

Lipo or tuck

Thank you for your question.  Based on your description most likely liposuction alone would help improve you love handles and flatten for tummy.  Abdominoplasty/tummy tuck is for patients with loose skin.  An in-person exam is the only way to know for sure which surgery your a candidate for, so schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.Best Wishes!

Jamie Moenster, DO
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Lipo versus tummy tuck

Impossible to determine without an in office consultation. Skin elasticity of the lower abdomen will determine which procedure is the preferred one for you 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

LIpo or Tummy tuck? why not both?

Hi Flattire,Thanks for your question. Photos would help. The answer is simple. It depends on what you want! If you have a round tummy then lipo will likely not remove it as it is a muscle relaxation problem that can ONLY be corrected with a tummy tuck and tightening your muscles. Lipo contours but does not remove loose skin, but shapes you better. I would recommend getting several consultations in person with plastic surgeons. Good Luck!   All the best, Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS #lipo #tummytuck Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Tummytuck vs liposuction

It's hard to tell without an examination, but usually those patients who have not had children are good candidates for weight-loss/liposuction rather than a tummytuck. Schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to see which is best suited for you. Best wishes,Dr K

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD

Choosing the correct treatment

Choosing the correct treatment should always be based on first making an accurate diagnosis. In your case skin laxity is by far your biggest problem. The amount of fat in the area is substantial but fat removal with liposuction alone will not adequately treat your problem. You should have a consultation with one or more board-

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Tummy tuck vs lipossuction

Thank you for your question.  Without any photos or an in person exam, it is difficult to determine which of these procedures would benefit you most and help you to best achieve your overall desired look.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so that you may be evaluated further, have the ability to discuss your surgical options, address your goals and work together to create the surgical plan that best helps you achieve the look you desire.
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Liposuction vs tummy tuck especially after children

Liposuction and tummy tucks treat different things.If the skin and fascia are loose, a tummy tuck will be required.If it is just an issue of excess fat in certain areas, liposuction may be appropriate.A board certified plastic surgeon can guid your through the process and help you decide which is best for you.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Liposuction or Tummy Tuck

Without photos online consultants cannot recommend one procedure over the other.  Consider posting photos for more information.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD