I want liposuction and a tummy tuck; is it for me?

I'm 5'2 and weigh 226 pounds want know after surgery and the healing process how much would i weigh ?

Abdominoplasty: Information

Dear Ms. Trujilochristine,

Thank you for your information and questions. Unfortunately with out photos (or a physical exam) I can not provide you specific advice. However, I hope you find the following information helpful.

A"good candidate" for surgery requires a review of your personal health history, medications you take and a personal physical exam.
In general it's best to be a your goal weight prior to surgery:
1) your abdomen (and other parts of your body) often will change size with weight fluctuations.
A)There is "internal" fat that pushes from the inside out (located on your internal organs)
B) there is "external fat" that can be removed by surgical excision, liposuction and with non surgical technologies
2) Body Mass Index (BMI) over 35 and greater is associated with progressive increased complications. You can calculate yours by going to
Adult BMI Calculator: Assessing Your Weight: wwwcdc.gov healthyweight › bmi_
This calculator provides BMI and the corresponding BMI weight status category.
3)There are four types of abdominoplasties.
A-C All have horizontal
incisions and D has a significant vertical compotent.
A) mini- muscle tightened below umbilicus to pubic bone
B) standard- muscle tightened from breast bone to pubic bone
C) extended as in standard but incision longer to excise excess skin/fat in outer thigh
area
D) fleur de lis- same as standard but in addtion excess skin/fat excised in a vertical
direction.

I recommend that you make several consultative appointments with Plastic Surgeons who are experienced and Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. In addition ideally they are members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

I wish you my best and success,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

Not Safe

Your body mass index is 41, which is 11 points above what is considered safe (30). Tummy tucks and liposuction are not weight loss surgeries. You will need to loose about 50 to 55 pounds, either by diet or by weight loss surgery, e.g. lap band, gastric sleeve, or intestinal bypass.
Best of luck.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck

If you are overweight liposuction is not a good procedure for you. I suggest posting photos or getting a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

While this can be difficult to predict, the amount liposuctioned will vary greatly among surgeons. Some will create a much more dramatic result.

Beverly Hills, CA

Lipo and tummy tuck

Liposuction and a tummy tuck are contouring procedures and not weight loss procedures.  Once you lose the weight, lipo and a tummy tuck would be ideal.

A candidate for liposuction and a tummy tuck?

At your height and weight measurements it seems the risks of elective surgery are too great for you to receive a recommendation to go ahead. The most I can recall ever removing during a tummy tuck procedure was 5 to 6 pounds. It is really not a weight loss procedure but does have high associated risks in people who have excessively high BMIs.Try to achieve a much lower and healthier weight before considering proceeding and then you will obtain maximum benefit with maximum safety from your efforts. Good luck and best wishes

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Tummy tuck and liposuction

Tummy tuck and liposuction are both elective procedures which improve the contours of your body. They are not used for weight loss and the weight you will lose will be minimal. Ideally, you achieve a stable and healthy weight (BMI30 have increased risk for complications during and after surgery. The priority for these elective procedures should be your safety. Best of luck! 

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

No idea

Need pictures and a clinical examination to determine if you are a good candidate for tummy tuck or liposuction.

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Liposuction and tummy tuck for weight loss?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and tummy tuck.
  • Unfortunately these are cosmetic procedures and you will weigh no more than ten pounds less -
  • And if you do not lose weight, you will gain that weight back.
  • It sounds as though you need bariatric surgeon if you cannot lose the weight yourself -
  • Please ask your PCP for a referral.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Weight loss

Liposuction and TT are not wt loss procedures. 

I would guess you'd weigh about 226 lbs after your surgery, if you could find someone to perform it. 

High intensity exercise and a low glycemic diet would be best for you. You could also look into finding someone locally that does the Orbera Wt loss procedure. 

Best. 

Kirk Moore, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon