Five years ago I had a gastric bypass. I have lost almost 200 lbs. Any idea where I can get help?

I was told that by my surgeon that insurance would cover the necessary surgery when the time came to remove the excess skin around by middle......not true! I am having back issues and constantly sores and rashes in the fold on my stomach.....Medicare should said....."sorry"! I cannot afford to pay outright and my credit is not good enough to get financing. I make enough money to make payments.......any idea where I can get help? Do teaching hospitals do these procedures?

Doctor Answers 1

Teaching hospitals certainly do these procedures

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Teaching hospitals certainly do these procedures.  Call the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio Plastic Surgery Department and make an appointment there.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.