I'm worried about an irritation near my BA incision. What should I do? (Photo)

I'm an exotic dancer and I have to paint my breast with liquid latex or paint. I'm 4 weeks out and have gone back to work 2 days ago. I'm developing a rash on the lower half of my breast above the incision. What should I do. I've never had an allergic reaction to this paint. There is no itching but I'm very worried.

I'm worried about an irritation near my BA incision. What should I do?

Greetings

Thank you for your question, at this stage you are early after your opeartion as your skin would be sensitive at the moment.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Dear Reader,

You are still very early along your recovery from this surgery.  The skin can be very sensitive to chemicals and can manifest as a rash.  I would highly recommend an in-person exam with your surgeon.  Good Luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

John Nguyen, MD, FACS

Irritation on Breast Augmentation Incision

Thank you for your question.  You had your surgery recently so strenuous activities and putting anything but the doctor's prescription on your skin would be best avoided.  It is hard to tell from the pictures themselves so visiting your board-certified plastic surgeon regarding your situation is recommended. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Redness Near Breast Augmentation Incision

I would recommend that you give your surgeon's office a call and let them know what is happening. They can best advise you on what is happening and what you should do at this point.

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Follow up with your plastic surgeon

Hi, there.
It is difficult to assess based on the photos.  I would recommend you to follow up with your plastic surgeon to be evaluated in-person.
He/she will make sure that your incision has properly healed.  Meanwhile, avoid the liquid latex/paint and compression over the area.
Best regards.

When worried about contact dermatitis

you must stop using whatever it is you think is causing your rash.  And you should see your surgeon to make sure it isn't something else and possible for a prescription for steroid creams that could help.

Curtis Wong, MD

See your surgeon

I don't think it's anything to worry about and is probably a reaction to the paint and sweat, but you should see your surgeon to be sure. You might want to also try a different type of body paint and see if that helps. Sorry that you are experiencing this. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Skin irritation

Thanks for your inquiry an sorry for your struggle.  It could be just irritation, but will you please see your plastic surgeon to make sure it is not an infection.  Good Luck.  

Rash after BA incision

Thank you for your question. I recommend to go and see  your PS for evaluation. It may be only irritation.

Rash under the right breast

Don't be worried. Since you've just gone back to work and it started to become irritated, it could be related to the paint or from the sweating that occurs under the breast. So be sure to take it easy at work.
I would consider going back to your Plastic Surgeon and having it checked out. You may need to see a Dermatologist to us get this under control. Good Luck!

Scott W. Harris, MD, FACS