Will weight loss provide tighter/firmer appearance post augmentation? (photos)

I had a crescent lift and 500cc Moderate Plus profile silicone implants done over muscle August 2015. I am currently 36 weeks pregnant (not planned), and wondering if I've wasted my money and will be destined for the more invasive lollipop lift after baby, or can toning and weight loss provide a firmer/lifted appearance to my implants? I'm so sad!

Pregnancy after breast augmentation

Thanks for your inquiry, honestly anything is possible with breast shape and symmetry after pregnancy. Focus on you and your baby's health and visit with your plastic surgeon afterwards to discuss.  Good Luck.  

Will weight loss provide tighter/firmer appearance post augmentation?

Thank you for your question think congratulations on your pregnancy.  There really is no way to predict how your breasts will look after her pregnancy.  Hopefully the fact that you have implants will compensate for any weight loss.  Generally speaking significant weight loss can result in some sagging of the breast.

Change with pregnancy

Thanks for your question and the photos. Congratulations on your pregnancy. Breast changes that result with pregnancy are natural. Implants often help preserve the shape somewhat. It will take a while for everything to settle out once you deliver and finish breast feeding. As a rule the skin properties (elasticity) are not affected by weight loss. Staying in good shape and having a weight that is essential to overall body health. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Pregnancy and weight change after a breast lift and augmentation: Only time will tell

There is no predicting how your breasts will be or what additional surgery you may want until at least 6 months after childbirth or 6 months after you finish breast feeding, whichever is later. Also, in order to accurately assess what your new goals, if any, might be, your weight should be stable before you're re-evaluated by your surgeon. Have a safe delivery and congratulations. Good luck. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon