Is two weeks long enough for recovery after a full mommy makeover? I have a desk job (Photo)

My wish is to get a full mommy makeover (breast implants, TT, fat transfer to my buttocks, and lipo)but my job only allows me to take off two weeks.

Is two weeks long enough for recovery after a full mommy makeover?

Thank you for your question and photos.
2 weeks should be ample time if you do not have any complications. Make certain you have a good support system at home. You will need assistance as having multiple procedures at one time weakens your system and each procedure will require its own set of restrictions/limitations.
Best wishes and kind regards,
Gary Horndeski  M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks is enough time; consider breaking up surgeries, for best result.

Hello, and thank you for your question! For a desk job, 2 weeks should be adequate time away from work.

However, the healing period for tummy tuck is very different from surgeries involving the buttocks. I encourage our tummy tuck patients to be at a 90 degree angle, typically in a recliner, or walking with a walker/cane, for a couple weeks post-operatively. This decreases tension on the abdominoplasty incision. When a post-op tummy tuck patient is not walking, they are sitting on their buttocks. With a fat transfer to the buttocks, you want to limit time spent sitting with your weight on your buttocks.

With lipo and fat transfer to buttocks as a stand-alone procedure, I encourage side-sleeping or sleeping on your stomach to decrease the weight and pressure on the buttocks. You could do this after fully healing from the surgeries on your breasts and abdomen.

I think you would most benefit from a mastopexy with augmentation and tummy tuck, take time to heal, and then consider a fat transfer to the buttocks with liposuction. This will give you the optimal result from each procedure.

Recovery Time

You should be able to go back to work after 2 weeks as long as you take it easy and don't do any lifting.  Since you are having work done on your buttocks sitting may be uncomfortable sitting but depending on your pain tolerance you should be fine.  Be sure to see a board certified surgeon for the best results and to discuss their recommendations.

2 weeks will be enough, I'm just worried that you only mentioned Breast Implants. Without a lift you will not be happy with the result. 

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

Mommy Makeover - Return to work?

Thank you for your question. Two weeks should be enough time for you to recover from the procedure and return to a desk job. However, I would avoid any heavy lifting as you will probably still be sore from the muscle repair. Please discuss your specific concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Hope this helps and good luck.

Thank you for your question and photos!  I think for a desk job between 2-3weeks is usually enough time to return to work.  Some are able to return sooner.  I would discuss your job demands, etc with your board certified plastic surgeon to come up with a plan.  Good Luck!!!

Dr. Tag

Two recovery enough?

Two weeks to recover after mommy makeover and butt lift is probably enough. If your job has no lifting and you can sit the majority of the day you will probably be just fine. Be gracious to yourself and recognize this is truly a huge operation. You will be tired at work and may not be able to handle a full day for the first week back. Also be careful when driving and you shouldn't drive if taking pain medications. 

Be careful. You are spending lots of money and you want this to look great for the rest of your life. Best of luck to you.

Returning to work after mommy makeover.

Convalescence after a mommy makeover depends upon the types of operations performed as well as the particulars of the patient. However the vast majority of patients can return to a desk job in two weeks.

Recovery after a mommy makeover

2 weeks is usually sufficient for a desk job.  IF you are healthy, and have no postop complications or issues.  You will be tired and swollen by the end of the day.  Most patients don't believe me when I tell them this.  However, every day gets a little better.  

Please make an in-person consultation with a ABPS board certified PS to evaluate you and discuss your options.
Hope that helps and best wishes!
Dr. Morales
ABPS Board Certified
Houston, Tx

Rolando Morales Jr, MD

Recovery Time

Thank you for your question. The procedure that will require the most time off is the Tummy Tuck. I tell my patients that have a desk job to take at least 2 weeks off. You may be able to go back earlier. Recovery time is really patient specific. Some patients come in post op day 1 like nothing happened, while others don't want to get out of bed for two weeks. You will fall somewhere in that spectrum.

I would suggest making an appointment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area to discuss your concerns and come up with a plan that is designed for you. Once know the exact surgeries for which you are a candidate you will have a much better idea of the recovery time and if it is feasible with your current job.  

Good Luck!