is this type of fat resistant and is a procedure a good option, or should I keep working to tighten up my diet? (Photo)

I am going for my first consult to inquire about coolsculpting but am also interested in sculpsure. I don't have kids so I don't want to do a tummy tuck or anything too invasive. This has been a problem area since I lost weight around 16. I'm asking on here bc I want some unbiased feedback. I crossfit 4-5x/week and eat a plant based diet so I'm very frustrated with the lack of change to my midsection and inability to wear a tight dress.

Is this type of fat resistant and is a procedure a good option, or should I keep working to tighten up my diet?

Thank you for your question. It seems that you have a great exercise and diet plan. CoolSculpting works best in patients who have stubborn fat despite having a healthy lifestyle. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns and find an option that fits you best. An in-person assessment is always best. Always ensure that you do your research and evaluate the skill/training of your provider. 

Regards,

CoolSculpting Is an Excellent Option

Kudos to you for maintaining a rigorous diet and exercise routine. Given your physical fitness and the stubborn nature of the remaining fat, you sound like the ideal CoolSculpting candidate. From the photo, it does look like you may have some excess skin in the midsection, as well. A board-certified plastic surgeon and CoolSculpting provider will be able to better assess your eligibility in person. Good luck with your decision.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting is a very good procedure to remove spot areas of fat which are resistant to exercise in those with a BMI below 30. Its benefit in regard to lipo suction is that it is non invasive, has little or no downtime in most people,and does not require anesthesia. As it only removes about 20-25% of the fat that can be pulled into the treatment head it will likely require more than one treatment. The loose skin problem of Lipo does not occur in our experience. We have thousands of before and after photos showing that it works in most people. There is some initial discomfort that almost always clears after the first 8-10 minutes. We have had great success with CoolSculpting. Hope you do too, Maurice Vick MD

Maurice M. Vick, Jr., MD
Baton Rouge Urologist

Abdomen and Coolsculpting NYC

You are in great shape and appear to be an excellent candidate for Coolsculpting.  Liposuction would be effective but is a surgical procedure and the skin may hang more afterwards.  Coolsculpting with have no down time and will take one or two treatments for this area with no surgery.  Please consult an expert for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Choose your surgeon wisely to get the best outcome

You are an excellent candidate for liposuction! Cool sculpting costs the same as liposuction, it hurts to have the procedure while you are awake, it requires multiple visits, and it doesn't work. We tried it on the staff on one side but not the other, and there is no difference, at all. Liposuction, on the other hand, is an excellent operation and you are a great candidate.

Now you have to find the best surgeon to give you the best outcome. Look at online reviews. Check the surgeon's website. Look at their results. Once you have screened the doctor, meet with them. If they are professional and sincere, educated and experienced, if they listen to your concerns and develop a plan which fits with your goals, you have found a good match.

Does the surgeon specialize in this procedure? What are their credentials? How long have they been in practice? What percentage of their practice is cosmetic surgery? How many of these surgeries have they performed? Do they use the latest techniques? What do their results look like? Do they have photos to show of their work? Do they provide follow-up themselves, or will you only see the nurses (or even just an assistant)? Are they available by phone for an emergency or does one of their staff answer after-hour calls? What is the impression you get from their office and staff? Are they professional and informative? Do they know what they are talking about? You need to ask yourself all of these questions.

The prices can vary from state to state, and city to city. We charge for liposuction per area. The abdomen (upper and lower side to side) is one area. The waist (from the ribs to just above the buttocks from side to side around the back) is one area. The thighs (both inner and outer) is one area. Our costs, including the board certified plastic surgeon's fees, board certified anesthesiologist's fees, operating room, labs, garment, vitamins, and follow-up at 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months 6 months, and every year after forever, are listed below. If you need more follow-up appointments, those are free as well. The cost per area does go down as you add more areas:

When comparing quotes from different doctors, check to make sure that the costs you are quoted are for the same thing! For instance, often the cost per area is quoted as lower, yet the abdomen is comprised of upper and lower, and sometimes even lateral areas (2 to 4 areas for the abdomen, instead we consider the entire abdomen one area) or the thighs are inner and outer (2 areas when we consider the thighs one area). Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Also check to see what type of anesthesia and facility you are going to be treated in. If the total price is lower but you are not going to receive proper anesthesia from a board certified anesthesiologist, then are you getting a better deal (or inferior treatment)? If the facility is not a certified outpatient surgery center but is an in-office procedure room, is the difference in safety worth the cost reduction? If the doctor is not a board certified plastic surgeon, is that worth the discount in the fees? I would say the answer to all three of these questions is no!

This is your body, make sure you are making decisions based on the quality of care, the experience and training of the doctor, and proven results.

Liposuction or cool sculpting

Based on your photograph, and the fact that you don't want to have a tummy Tuck, I think he would be a good candidate for either liposuction for cool sculpting. There are pros and cons to each one. Be sure to visit a plastic surgeon in your area who does both.