Are my stiches healing properly? Sorry for the poor wording, limited words allowed so I had to shorthand my report. (photos)

4 months post-surgery and feel great. Do have concern about stitches. My (R) areola is healing well, healing faster from medial inferior areola to lateral inferior areola and even surface around the stitching. (L) areola is the same, medial to lateral but about 2 mm in medial; surface area from bilateral side of stitches look uneven. Superior of stitching is risen (elevated). Also, lateral portion of stitching are healing different as stitches have more scabbing and present “pronounce”. VR

Your Healing Process After Gynecomastia Surgery

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor. Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.