Smart/slim/tumescent lipo or CoolSculpting for my inner thighs only? (Photo)

Im a pretty healthy, in shape person to begin with. Im 28 y/o, 4'11", about 100lbs and 13% body fat. I workout everyday, eat fairly healthy and am 90% happy with my appearance. My only area i have always hated is my inner thighs, more so the midthigh to groin area. I've NEVER been able to tone (even in my younger, 95lb days)! Ive heard good and bad things about coolsculpting but am wondering if that's a better choice for me? I just want the top of my thighs to look as good as the rest of my legs

SmartLipo or CoolSculpting?

I think you would be a good candidate for either SmartLipo or CoolSculpting.  You are what we consider a great candidate for both.  You are in shape but have a few small problem areas.  It really depends on how invasive you'd like to get and how much money you're willing to spend.  I would suggest an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon for optimal results.  Good luck!

Reading Plastic Surgeon

I would recommend Sculpsure or Smartlipo

i am a big fan of both Sculpsure and Smartlipo. you are very thin so Sculpsure may be fine. Smartlipo is a more aggressive and invasive than Sculpsure. i think Sculpsure is much better than Coolsculpt. Sculpsure is newer technology than Coolsculpt and therefore is less well known.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Inner thigh

Thank you for your question and pictures.  I would recommend laser-assisted liposuction and allow the laser achieve some tightness to the skin.  Best of luck!

Elbert T. Cheng, MD
San Jose Facial Plastic Surgeon

Options to inner thighs

Thank you for your question. Laser assisted liposuction will be better than cool sculpting for contouring wise. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Ven Erella, MD

For Best Results, Go With VASER HI DEF, ThermiRF, ultrasound

Coolsculpting is good for removing unwanted fat, but doesn't give enough contouring and definition. I recommend a hi-definition procedure for best results. I use VASER HI DEF with ThermiRF, ultrasound and fat grafting to get the most fat removal, skin tightening, and contouring. HD contouring is much more complex, defining and can give the best in skin tightening, cellulite reduction, and body shaping. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a body contouring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

You are a perfect candidate for thigh-gap liposculpture

Don't waste your time and money on hit or miss gimmicky machines. You are a perfect candidate for low-volume, high-definition liposculpture. This will fix your issue without doubt.

Marco A. Pelosi III, MD
Jersey City OB/GYN

Treatment for Inner thighs.

You are the ideal candidate for any of these methods.  Another choice to consider is SculptSure.

Cool Sculpt and SculptSure have the benefit of no incisions and no compression.  They still take time to get full results.  In general, you can expect to loose about 20-25% of the fat.

Liposuction by any method can be more aggressive in the amount of fat removed.  Small incisions are needed to place the cannulas, but these should leave very small scars.  Afterward, expect to be sore, you will need to wear compression for 3-6 weeks, and full healing can take 3-6 months.

Speak with an experienced surgeon for an in person consult and they can go over the benefits of each method.

Good Luck,

Dr. Powell

Scott Powell, MD
Denton General Surgeon

Smartlipo Vs. coolsculpting

I would only recommend coolsculpting over smartlipo (or any form of real liposuction) to those who are absolutely against any type of surgery.  This is because the results of coolsculpting are minimal to results of real lipo.  For example, with coolsculpting, if you have a one inch pinch you may get a 25% (1/4 inch) reduction in the fat layer.  With Smartlipo you could reduce the same fat layer by 75% or 3/4 of an inch.  

PS, nice job on the photos showing "pinchable" fat.

John Bergeron, MD
Houston Physician