How would I get rid of this bump that's been under my eye for some time? (photo)

Under my left eye, dosent hurt if I don't mess with it

Doctor Answers 3

Lower eyelid lesion

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Please see an Oculoplastic surgeon to take a close look at this lesion, and tell you your options. I would recommend having it removed by an excisional biopsy because it appears to be well-defined. Mohs' excision is another option. An examination is recommended!

Bump under the eye

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The bump under your eye is concerning if its been there for some time. A biopsy would reveal its pathology. Seeing a Moh's surgeon and a facial plastic surgeon would be beneficial for treatment. 

This requires an assessment and possibly a biopsy.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Unfortunately, this is a very common spot for skin cancer.  It is impossible to know from this  photograph.  See an oculplastic surgeon or a general ophthalmologist in your area for an assessment.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a regional directory on their website to help you find a highly qualified surgeon in your area.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.