Rhinoplasty; can I get my radix removed? (Photos)

Can I get as much of my radix removed as the girl below did when she got her plastic surgery done??

Can I Get My Radix Removed

The radix can be reduced but the picture you posted shows a terrible result. I do a lot of revisions for patients who had surgery before I've sen them but this is one of the worst results I've ever seen.  

Removal of radix

That is a terrible result.  The dorsum is grossly over-reduced.

Consult with experienced rhinoplasty surgeons for your best, natural result.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Radix surgery

Radix removal during rhinoplasty requires a careful refinement of the septum, upper lateral cartilage and the nasal pyramid. The picture shown demonstrates an aggressive removal of this area and may cause breathing problems. I would recommend consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radix removal

Based on the photograph it appears that either too much radix was removed or the photograph is backward i.e., patient had a ski slope nose and the nasal hump was built up to make it better. 
You do not want a radical removal of the radix as it does not look natural. 
Regards
Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radix removal

The radix refers to the low point of the bone at the junction of the forehead and the bridge of the nose.  So technically, this cannot be removed, only lowered or raised.  The short answer to your question is possibly, depending on the thickness of the bone in that area, it could be substantially lowered. However, in most Caucasian patients, the radix should lie on a plane even with the upper lid crease.  In the picture shown, it is considerably lower from a vertical aspect than that and is, in my opinion, abnormally lowered.  I think this is not a desirable result.  If you are considering rhinoplasty, I would make sure to have a discussion with the surgeon regarding your goals and have them perform computer imaging of your photos so you can see what the proposed outcome may look like.

Colin Pero, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon