Is a revision in my near future? (photo)

Almost 2 1/2 weeks post op I got saline 400cc in right and 410cc in left (opposite with pic) under the muscle TUBA and the implants are still up to my collarbone. I know it's still early but I was looking at other revisions on here and they looked just like mine. My right has fallen to almost 3 fingers but my left hasn't moved and I do the compressions everyday. I was a small A before surgery and the excitement of breast implants is pretty much gone now bc I look like I have BIG pecks.

Is a breast implant revision in my near future?

Thank you for your question and photos. This is not a technique that I use because it is very difficult to control the position of the implant which is what you are experiencing. TUBA does have a higher risk of implant malposition, but it is possible the breasts could improve with time. You should see your surgeon who can best advise you. If you do not feel confident with him or her, please seek a second opinion with a board certified plastic surgeon, with extensive experience in breast augmentation surgery. Good luck.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Revision?

It is very early in your post op course.  Waiting is the best choice at this time.  You can use an upper pole strap if your surgeon agrees and some patients put a sock under it to put more force on the upper pole. You should have a better idea of your situation in 3-6 months. Best of luck to you.

Mark P. Solomon, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Early in your recovery period

Dear Brittney,

There is a good chance that your breasts will relax and look great with time.  Where the implants will end up will depend on the pocket that was created.  If the pocket was created properly, your tissues will relax and your implants will sit lower down on your chest with time.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

High riding implants

At this stage it is still too early to tell what you final outcome will be. It may take as long as three months for them to settle.  You should continue to see your BCPS with your concerns.

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Recovery After Breast Augmentation

Breast implants are typically placed under the muscle after the lower border of the muscle is released. If the muscle is not released adequately, the breast implant may be positioned high on the chest and depending on the ability of that lower pole tissue to relax, the implant should drop within 1 to 3 weeks. No matter what, the breast implant will appear high initially because the pectoral muscle is contracting and tight over the implant, not allowing it to drop. When the muscle relaxes the implants will position in the pocket and this may not be initially at the same time. Trans-axillary and trans-umbilical(TUBA) breast augmentation have a notoriously high rate of high riding implants because of incomplete muscle release. Thsi directly relates to their higher revision rate.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Revision

It is still too early to tell. Tuba does have a higher risk of implant malposition, but it is possible the breasts could look more normal with time. Please see your surgeon who can best advise you. If you do not feel confident with him or her, please seek a second opinion with a board certified, experienced plastic surgeon. 

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

not necessarily.  Although your implants to look high you're still very early after your procedure.  Your implants can drop for another 3 months.  The displacement exercises are a good idea and he should ask your plastic surgeon for a pole wrap.  If by 3 months the appearance is the same and some form a release with surgery will be necessary.

Implants have not come down

It is too early to give up!

You have large implants. It takes longer for large implants to settle.
You need to be patient - and that can mean 3 months.
TUBA is done blindly so the muscle cannot be accurately released -
but in time the weight of the implants usually stretches the muscle.

If your implants do not settle in position, you may need a re-operation.
Let your surgeon know your concern, have photographs at various to see if you are making progress.

Time to be patient

you need to take some more time before considering a revision, your breast must settle down in some weeks if you sont see changes after 3 months you should talk with your plastic surgeon about what can be done, right now you must be patient and follow up with your plastic surgeon , Good Luck!

Australia Fragoso-Baez, MD

It is far too early to tell anything about the need for revision, especially with the TUBA procedure

At this early stage your tissues are still very firm and tight, and they have not had nearly enough time to accommodate to the implants.  This is especially true in the case of a TUBA procedure as more often than not the muscle release in this procedure is not complete, and this will take time to loosen.  While you may well wind up wanting a revision to reposition your implants at some point, there is no way to even speculate about that now.  The best thing to do is continue your displacement exercises, follow the advice of your surgeon closely, and revisit the position of your implants in about 3 months or so.  At that point you will have a more realistic idea of what the final outcome should be.