How come Restlyn Silk didn't last long enough under my eyes?

It seems like the Restlyn Silk for my under eye hollows has gradually disappeared in two months. I thought it would last longer. I can still see volume but it has lessened. Could I get a touch up?

Restylane Silk disappearance

Of all the hyaluronic acid fillers, my experience is that Restylane Silk swells the absolute most. I think that what you were seeing was more the swelling that gradually went away (will be slower around the eyes than anywhere else). I'm sure that the filler is still there and you can most definitely have a touch up. Just beware thay with Restylane Silk, you really have to over correct to get a nice long term result. In the year trough area, over correction is very unforgiving and visible. 

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Restylane Silk under eyes

Hi ~ Great question. Restylane Silk will cause swelling which can take up to two months to resolve. Your swelling is improving which is changing your result. This filler is great for the lips and under the eyes but leads to significant swelling. It is fine for you to get a touch up at this point but make sure you go to an experienced injector. Good luck!

Michael Hromadka, MD
Kalispell Physician

Resty Silk Under the Eyes

Any of the HA fillers - Restylane, Juvederm, Belotero - love to attract water. They're "hydrophilic". As the initial swelling subsides, so too can the fill. Better to under correct than over correct initially. Adding filler is a more controlled process than dissolving it. Some additional fill at this time would be an appropriate idea. I hope it works out well.

Where did the filler go?!

Thanks for your question. When I use restylane silk under the eyes, I tend to undertreat slightly. The reason for this is that the product can swell a lot - it's designed that way. Sometimes I don't need to put in additional filler; othertimes, after a couple of weeks, I do. You're probably noticing that since the swelling has gone down that you can use a little touch-up. And yes, this is completely appropriate and can be done easily. I would suggest getting in touch with your injector for additional information. Best of luck!  

Tear Trough Fillers - Restylane, Belotero, Voluma

The reduction of volume may be due to the fact that swelling has subsided and this is the result. You can absolutely return to your injector for a touch up. I love voluma to this area but use belotero and Restylane silk more superfically. Best, Dr. Emer

How come Restylane Silk didn't last long enough under my eyes?

Hello Monicann1993,

Restylane Silk is a great product that is very smooth and can be injected essentially anywhere.  Because it is so thin, it has the least risk of creating any lumps or contour irregularities.  The drawback is that it tends to go away the quickest.  I prefer to use Restylane for the tear trough because it lasts longer.  As far as getting a touch up, you certainly can if you want to maintain your result.  You can also have a touch up with a different product like Restylane if you want a longer result.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane SILK under eyes

Thanks for your question. Smaller particle size fillers have the advantage of being very soft, but they may not last as long. You may want to consider having "regular" Restylane-L next time and yes you can certainly do a touch up at any time there is no waiting period. It's also possible that some of your initial "correction" was swelling, and now that that is gone the fill doesn't look as good. Some clients need more than one syringe of filler for ideal correction.
Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician