Do you recommend Infini or Evolastin (profound) by ePrime as a better treatment? (Photo)

I am in my mid 30's and would like to erase years by improving the tone and texture of my face and neck. I have been researching for the best skin tightening treatment to give me the most dramatic results but have read mixed reviews on both treatments. I also would like to improve the appearance of large pores, fine lines around eye area and forehead also acne scars on my temples and cheeks. I'm not very concerned w/ downtime just the best option. Thank you for any help you can offer.

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Fine lines, scars and pigmentation are best treated with fraxel or fraxel-like resurfacing (viva, co2, erbium). I do a significant amount of filler layering for younger patients like sculptra deep and voluma or radiesse on top to give volume and build structure. I suggest you see an expert for a consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Multiple treatments for problems

Firstly, I do agree with Dr Novick, the use of fillers to contour, add volume and shape is the way to go for certain areas. I personally think 2-3.5 mls of filler is a good starting point. 

Now, for your question on the various treatment devices. Infini is far superior to Profound-ePrime. I have both, and the results are night and day. Delivery system, needle count, and insulation much better on the INFINI. Having a look at your skin, I do believe a laser based system will be better suited, high density fractional lasers can help your skin texture- namely fine wrinkles, pores and pigmentation. You will also require some focal filling of acne scars- HA based or Bellafill filler, esp to the atrophic scars on your cheeks. Consult a Plastics or Dermatologist in your area that has the ability to perform all these treatments and have a discussion regarding your expectations. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Volumizing Fillers Can Help Shape & Contour A More Masculine Face

I'm not surprised you have read mixed reviews on those energy-based devices. My own personal experience with them and even with fraxel lasers is that these relatively expensive treatments tend to yield variable, subtle, and inconsistent results and seem to be backed far more by device manufacturer supported marketing hype than hard science. 

The px provided, while not optimal, do indicate the presence of smile lines, the early development of marionette lines and the absence of a well defined posterior angle of the jaw. Without a profile view, it is hard to say much about the chin, which, like angle of the jaw are particularly important elements of the masculine face. 

Precisely injected, volumizing fillers can help to contour a stronger posterior jawline angle, and soften the smile lines and straighten the angles of the mouth.If the chin needs projection, this, too, may be helped with volumizing fillers, and treating this region would further help to straighten and tighten the jawline. From the photos, the acne scars are difficult to fully assess, but skin boosters, fillers, subcision and medical microneedling are all relatively inexpensive possible treatment options. 

Best to seek consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in contouring the male face. Make sure to ask to see his/her before and after photos.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD