What would you recommend? Disappointed with my TT results. (Photo)

I paid for a full TT w/ MR 8 months ago. I knew I may require a small vertical incision and was expecting one consistent with the photos I've seen on this site. 8 months later, I still have about the same amount of loose skin I had pre-op, poor contour, and a visible ugly scar. I think I look worse post-op. My PS maintains that my results are good. She 'graciously' offered me $12,000 of laser tightening, for which I would be required to pay full cost. Do I have other options? Thanks

Expectations not met

Hello,     Thank you for your question and for posting your photos. Although seeing your post operative photos are very helpful it would really be helpful to see pre-operative photos as well. That being said, based on the photos you have shown it seems that you may still have some loose/redundant skin. The only way to give you the best advice on how to proceed would be to evaluate you in person but from the photos I dont think laser will really give you the result it seems you are looking for.
    People that perform laser lipo feel as though skin tightening does occur but I dont perform laser lipo so I cannot comment on that. At this point, I feel like to get the result it seems you want, the best way to get it would be by getting a revision. I think you would benefit from liposuction and revision TT. When I perform my TT I almost always combine this with liposuction in order to get the best overall cosmetic result for my patients. 
     I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck.
Ankur Mehta MD
Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Disappointed with my TT results.

I don't think that laser tightening will be sufficient for dealing with excess skin. The amount of tightening would have to be evaluated in person to determine the exact best recommendation. That being said, liposuction or SmartLipo (maybe) would help to flatten the abdomen further and give some degree of skin tightening, otherwise the only other option would be a skin reduction procedure which may help with your vertical incision concerns.

Tummy tuck postoperative

Hello and thank you for your question. While, it would be most useful to see your preoperative photos to further evaluate your question, I would encourage you to discuss with your board certified plastic surgeon what your expectations were and how they have not specifically been met. At 8 months your scars are nearing maturity. I would encourage you to continue to use a silicone based topical gel as well as avoid the sun for the best postoperative scar. Best of luck to you.

Kimberly Singh, MD

Tummy tuck results

Thank you for your question and photos. I do believe that it is best to discuss your genuine concerns with your board certified surgeon. Especially if you feel you need a revision. It is difficult to assess your results via the pictures you have posted. Lasers will not do what a revision will do.
Best regards

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Disappointing Results

Thank you for the question and for sending pictures. I find that most of the time disappointing results can be offset by reviewing expectations ahead of time. Since there are no pre-op pictures to compare your post-op to it is hard for me to gauge how much redundant skin you had in the vertical component of your abdomen. A complete fleur-de-lis incision brings a significant scarring pattern that your surgeon may have felt is not warranted due to the cosmetic implications. Basically, you settle for a little more laxity of the skin in order to avoid a full vertical scar. I would talk with your surgeon about your questions and concerns. I would also not do the laser tightening of the abdomen as it will have minimal effect. Your best option would probably be more surgery if you wanted to address the loose skin. Good luck. 

Patrick L. Basile, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Dissapointing results

Hello and thank you for your question. You do look lax but only an examination can confirm this. Laser will do nothing. That fee is higher than for a full tummy tuck.  The only way to tighten you is I think, to repeat the tummy tuck unfortunately. Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon