Question about Coolsculpting for lower abdomen. Am I a good candidate? (photos)

Hi, I've browsed photos and am having difficulty finding results with body compositions similar to mine. Curvy, big butt. I'm very athletic, but have a very stubborn pocket of fat that sits in my lower abdomen. I was overweight Into my teens and it seems like this tummy just refuses to go away no matter how clean my diet is. Based on my photo do I look like a good candidate for cool lipo? I don't want to be out of the gym for too long.

Am I a good candidate?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question! CoolSculpting often works best when you are at your ideal weight but can not seem to remove stubborn fat areas from the body that are immune to diet and exercise. The abdomen is a very popular area for this type of fat. In your case, I think you would make a wonderful candidate! The procedure is non-invasive and requires no downtime, which allows you to continue going to the gym and continue your regular routine with ease. I recommend contacting your preferred physician for a consultation so they can review your medical history and create a plan to help you achieve your desired results. I hope this answer was helpful. For more information regarding this question please see my video listed below. Best of luck to you!

Portland Physician

Perfect Candidate for Coolsculpting!

The cool-sculpting procedure eliminates stubborn fat safely and effectively, without surgery or liposuction, or downtime. Based on your description, you seem to be the perfect candidate for coolsculpting! Visit your board certified dermatologist who will properly assess you and provide you with the right amount of treatments you may need to target that stubborn fat! I strongly encourage two full treatments so that you can see optimal results! 

Kim Nichols, MD
Greenwich Dermatologist

Be careful!

The rule of thumb is that if you can pinch the fat you can Coolsculpt it. However, there are certain reasons such as a hernia for example not to do it! This is why consultation is KEY!

CoolSculpting uses an “applicator” that delivers gentle cooling to the skin, and “freezes the fat cells” and causes slimming of the body. This is not a form of weight loss, but can only contour the body. Once the applicator is removed, the fat cells return to normal temperature, but in the process a “cell death signal” is activated. The dead cells are then disposed of through the feces. Each application of Coolsculting can remove up to 25% of fat cells, so repeat applications may be needed to get to the desired results.

There is an art to placing these applicators on the body to get the ideal body contour. Therefore, an initial consultation with us is key in planning out the ideal treatment protocol for your body and desired results. Even if you have had lipo or tummy tuck in the past, cryolipolysis or Coolsculpting can still be used to further help you. Not everyone is a candidate for CoolSculpting, and this can only be determined by doing a good physical exam. Lasers and non invasive treatments are the wave of the future.

CoolScupting is ideal for shaping the fat from the arms, bra fat, back fat, love handles, muffin top or belly fat, as well as outer and inner thighs or buttocks area. New applicator will also be able to reduce neck fat and provide a new contour to the lower face and upper neck area.

No surgery. No anesthesia. No downtime. Any skin type. No sun sensitivity.

Get a proper consultation to be sure you are the right candidate.

Tanya Kormeili, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Coolsculpting works for Spot Fat Reduction

Hi, 

The ideal candidate for Coolsculpting is someone who is working out, watching his/her diet, and wants to get rid of stubborn , localised fat - typically, someone like you. 

Good luck!

Am I a candidate for CoolSculpting

From your picture, you look like you would a great candidate for CoolSculpting.  It works really well on people with isolated areas of fat.  The best idea is to find someone who could do a consult with you which would identify the areas that would be amenable to treatment.  Good Luck!

Stephanie Martin, MD
Atlanta Orthopaedic Surgeon

Yes, You Would Be a Good Candidate

Hi,

It looks like you would be a good candidate for CoolSculpting.  One way to know for sure is to lean over and see how much fat you can pinch.  That is the method by which we determine how effective the treatment will be.  The more easily you can pinch and pull the fat, the better the treatment outcome.  When you go see your local CoolSculpting medical provider, be sure that he/she assess you while you lean over.  You will be treated in the seated position, so you want to be assessed that way.  

Hope this helps,

Dr. Garry K. Kim

Question about Coolsculpting for lower abdomen. Am I a good candidate?

Thanks for your question. Coolsculpting works well on stubborn pockets of fat and there is no downtime following this procedure. However, not everyone is an ideal candidate. To determine if you are an ideal candidate an in person consultation is needed. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

CoolSculpting for your lower abdomen

An examination would have to be done in person, but judging by your photo you seem to be a good candidate for CoolSculpting. We have treated many patients with athletic builds with great success! While you may not be able to achieve the traditional "pinch" of CoolSculpting's original Legacy applicators, there are new and improved methods we use to treat athletic builds. Texas is a little ways away from Michigan, so be sure to find a certified CoolSculpting technician near you that uses CoolSmooth Pro or CoolAdvantage. Best of luck to you!

Joseph E. Mark, MD
Rochester Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting candidates

Coolsculpting is an excellent way to eliminate unwanted fat. It generally works very well on athletic individuals.  By the looks of your photos you look like you would be an excellent candidate, however I would recommend a consultation first and foremost to discuss medical history.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting candidate

Coolsculpting works well when there is enough laxity of skin and underlying fat to be able to be treated with the applicators. You can easily expect 25% fat reduction with initial treatment, but it will take 1 to 3 months to see the result. With limited photo it is hard to tell but you seem to be a good candidate.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon