Question about Coolsculpting for lower abdomen. Am I a good candidate? (photos)

Hi, I've browsed photos and am having difficulty finding results with body compositions similar to mine. Curvy, big butt. I'm very athletic, but have a very stubborn pocket of fat that sits in my lower abdomen. I was overweight Into my teens and it seems like this tummy just refuses to go away no matter how clean my diet is. Based on my photo do I look like a good candidate for cool lipo? I don't want to be out of the gym for too long.

Coolsculpting candidate

Coolsculpting works well when there is enough laxity of skin and underlying fat to be able to be treated with the applicators. You can easily expect 25% fat reduction with initial treatment, but it will take 1 to 3 months to see the result. With limited photo it is hard to tell but you seem to be a good candidate.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Sitting on the fence.. Coolsculpting vs Sculpsure

This will of course depend on your expectations and examination. Now, if you fit nicely in an applicator of cool sculpting - this will give a great and predictable response. Downside? Hurts during, and after for a week or so. Now that is going to limit you from going to the gym. 

OK, if you want overall reduction with minimal downtime, SculpSure... this takes 25 minutes to do, and no limits on gym.

The best treatment for you will depend on your body shape, lifestyle and expectations. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
FIORI Institute of Body Contouring
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

CoolSculpting for lower abdomen

Dear natbrat87,
From the photo you have provided, it seems as though you would be a good candidate for CooSculpting of the lower abdomen. What you have described is actually what an ideal candidate is. Someone who is close to their ideal body weight, works out but has stubborn areas that do not seem to improve with lifestyle choices. As far as being out of the gym for too long, you need not worry. Most patients resume their regular activities immediately following the procedure (even going to the gym -  depending on what you do at the gym). For the best advice, I recommend consulting a physician who offers this procedure. 

Manish Khanna, MD, FRCP(C)
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Thank you for your question, nattbrat87 regarding your candidacy. SculpSure is the superior product to CoolSculpting, as it has won in every head-to-head study. Unlike CoolSculpting and its other competitors, SculpSure is painless, with no numbness and only takes 25 minutes. SculpSure can melt up to 25% of your unwanted stubborn subcutaneous fat. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine your candidacy. SculpSure is designed for individuals with stubborn subcutaneous fat anywhere on their body that is failing to disappear with consistent workouts and healthy diets.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cool sculpting can be helpful in reducing localized fat in the apron area of the lower abdomen in persons with smaller deposits and good skin tone. You really do need to go in to be assessed by an experienced plastic surgeon who can properly discuss the full range of surgical and nonsurgical options with you during an in person consultation, but from your picture, I would preliminarily say you may be a good candidate.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

CoolSculpting lower abdomen

Hi thank you for your question and photo. Looking the the photo is appears that you would be a good candidate for the CoolSculpting procedure in the lower abdomen. You will be able to go back to your normal workouts the next day. I recommend that you visit an board certified plastic surgeons office for a consultation and assessment. 
Best of luck to you! 

John A. Kotis, DO, FACS, FACOS

CoolSculpting Ideal for Lower Abdomen

The lower abdomen is an extremely common "trouble spot" for many women, regardless of how healthy their lifestyles are. The good news is that CoolSculpting is often an ideal treatment for this area, with a treatment head that's curved to snugly fit against the abdomen. If you choose CoolSculpting, you'll be able to return to the gym the next day. Be sure to visit a board-certified plastic surgeon's office for the safest, best results.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting candiate

I would of course need to evaluate you in person but at least based on your photo you appear to be a good candidate for Coolsculpting.   The ideal Coolsculpting candidate has diet and exercise resistant bulges.   They also do not have much excess skin.   I look to patients who's goals and expectations can be met with a 15-20% reduction in the amount of fat in each area treated.  Some patients get better results and some patients get lesser results, but most get something in that 15-20% range. 

Samir S. Rao, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting and Fat that Won't Go Awya

Judging from your photo and your description of the big pocket of fat that sits low in your abdomen, you sound like an excellent candidate for CoolSculpting. An office visit to a board certified plastic surgeon in your area will help confirm this. 

CoolSculpting for fat loss in the abdomen

In order to determine if a patient is a good candidate for CoolSculpting fat reduction, I examine them during the consultation in my NYC practice and measure the fat depots with templates that indicate which applicator of the many we have, that fits best. Some patients need several applicators in one session to obtain a good result. Only after such assessment can I inform my patients if they are a good candidate for CoolSculpting and our practice can quote the accurate fee based on the number and type of applicators.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon