Question about Coolsculpting for lower abdomen. Am I a good candidate? (photos)

Hi, I've browsed photos and am having difficulty finding results with body compositions similar to mine. Curvy, big butt. I'm very athletic, but have a very stubborn pocket of fat that sits in my lower abdomen. I was overweight Into my teens and it seems like this tummy just refuses to go away no matter how clean my diet is. Based on my photo do I look like a good candidate for cool lipo? I don't want to be out of the gym for too long.

Be careful!

The rule of thumb is that if you can pinch the fat you can Coolsculpt it. However, there are certain reasons such as a hernia for example not to do it! This is why consultation is KEY!

CoolSculpting uses an “applicator” that delivers gentle cooling to the skin, and “freezes the fat cells” and causes slimming of the body. This is not a form of weight loss, but can only contour the body. Once the applicator is removed, the fat cells return to normal temperature, but in the process a “cell death signal” is activated. The dead cells are then disposed of through the feces. Each application of Coolsculting can remove up to 25% of fat cells, so repeat applications may be needed to get to the desired results.

There is an art to placing these applicators on the body to get the ideal body contour. Therefore, an initial consultation with us is key in planning out the ideal treatment protocol for your body and desired results. Even if you have had lipo or tummy tuck in the past, cryolipolysis or Coolsculpting can still be used to further help you. Not everyone is a candidate for CoolSculpting, and this can only be determined by doing a good physical exam. Lasers and non invasive treatments are the wave of the future.

CoolScupting is ideal for shaping the fat from the arms, bra fat, back fat, love handles, muffin top or belly fat, as well as outer and inner thighs or buttocks area. New applicator will also be able to reduce neck fat and provide a new contour to the lower face and upper neck area.

No surgery. No anesthesia. No downtime. Any skin type. No sun sensitivity.

Get a proper consultation to be sure you are the right candidate.

Los Angeles Dermatologist

Be careful!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Los Angeles Dermatologist

Coolsculpting works for Spot Fat Reduction

Hi, 

The ideal candidate for Coolsculpting is someone who is working out, watching his/her diet, and wants to get rid of stubborn , localised fat - typically, someone like you. 

Good luck!

Renita (Lourdhurajan) Rajan, MD, DNB
India Dermatologist

Hi, 

Good luck!

Am I a candidate for CoolSculpting

From your picture, you look like you would a great candidate for CoolSculpting.  It works really well on people with isolated areas of fat.  The best idea is to find someone who could do a consult with you which would identify the areas that would be amenable to treatment.  Good Luck!

Am I a candidate for CoolSculpting

Yes, You Would Be a Good Candidate

Hi,

It looks like you would be a good candidate for CoolSculpting.  One way to know for sure is to lean over and see how much fat you can pinch.  That is the method by which we determine how effective the treatment will be.  The more easily you can pinch and pull the fat, the better the treatment outcome.  When you go see your local CoolSculpting medical provider, be sure that he/she assess you while you lean over.  You will be treated in the seated position, so you want to be assessed that way.  

Hope this helps,

Dr. Garry K. Kim

Yes, You Would Be a Good Candidate

Hi,

Hope this helps,

Dr. Garry K. Kim

Question about Coolsculpting for lower abdomen. Am I a good candidate?

Thanks for your question. Coolsculpting works well on stubborn pockets of fat and there is no downtime following this procedure. However, not everyone is an ideal candidate. To determine if you are an ideal candidate an in person consultation is needed. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Regards,

Regards,

CoolSculpting for your lower abdomen

An examination would have to be done in person, but judging by your photo you seem to be a good candidate for CoolSculpting. We have treated many patients with athletic builds with great success! While you may not be able to achieve the traditional "pinch" of CoolSculpting's original Legacy applicators, there are new and improved methods we use to treat athletic builds. Texas is a little ways away from Michigan, so be sure to find a certified CoolSculpting technician near you that uses CoolSmooth Pro or CoolAdvantage. Best of luck to you!

CoolSculpting for your lower abdomen

Coolsculpting candidates

Coolsculpting is an excellent way to eliminate unwanted fat. It generally works very well on athletic individuals.  By the looks of your photos you look like you would be an excellent candidate, however I would recommend a consultation first and foremost to discuss medical history.

Coolsculpting candidates

Coolsculpting candidate

Coolsculpting works well when there is enough laxity of skin and underlying fat to be able to be treated with the applicators. You can easily expect 25% fat reduction with initial treatment, but it will take 1 to 3 months to see the result. With limited photo it is hard to tell but you seem to be a good candidate.

Coolsculpting candidate

Sitting on the fence.. Coolsculpting vs Sculpsure

This will of course depend on your expectations and examination. Now, if you fit nicely in an applicator of cool sculpting - this will give a great and predictable response. Downside? Hurts during, and after for a week or so. Now that is going to limit you from going to the gym. 

OK, if you want overall reduction with minimal downtime, SculpSure... this takes 25 minutes to do, and no limits on gym.

The best treatment for you will depend on your body shape, lifestyle and expectations. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
FIORI Institute of Body Contouring
Brisbane, Australia. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
FIORI Institute of Body Contouring
Brisbane, Australia. 

CoolSculpting for lower abdomen

Dear natbrat87,
From the photo you have provided, it seems as though you would be a good candidate for CooSculpting of the lower abdomen. What you have described is actually what an ideal candidate is. Someone who is close to their ideal body weight, works out but has stubborn areas that do not seem to improve with lifestyle choices. As far as being out of the gym for too long, you need not worry. Most patients resume their regular activities immediately following the procedure (even going to the gym -  depending on what you do at the gym). For the best advice, I recommend consulting a physician who offers this procedure. 

CoolSculpting for lower abdomen

Dear natbrat87,