Question about Coolsculpting for lower abdomen. Am I a good candidate? (photos)

Hi, I've browsed photos and am having difficulty finding results with body compositions similar to mine. Curvy, big butt. I'm very athletic, but have a very stubborn pocket of fat that sits in my lower abdomen. I was overweight Into my teens and it seems like this tummy just refuses to go away no matter how clean my diet is. Based on my photo do I look like a good candidate for cool lipo? I don't want to be out of the gym for too long.

Yes, You Would Be a Good Candidate

Hi,

It looks like you would be a good candidate for CoolSculpting.  One way to know for sure is to lean over and see how much fat you can pinch.  That is the method by which we determine how effective the treatment will be.  The more easily you can pinch and pull the fat, the better the treatment outcome.  When you go see your local CoolSculpting medical provider, be sure that he/she assess you while you lean over.  You will be treated in the seated position, so you want to be assessed that way.  

Hope this helps,

Dr. Garry K. Kim

Pasadena Internist

Question about Coolsculpting for lower abdomen. Am I a good candidate?

Thanks for your question. Coolsculpting works well on stubborn pockets of fat and there is no downtime following this procedure. However, not everyone is an ideal candidate. To determine if you are an ideal candidate an in person consultation is needed. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

CoolSculpting for your lower abdomen

An examination would have to be done in person, but judging by your photo you seem to be a good candidate for CoolSculpting. We have treated many patients with athletic builds with great success! While you may not be able to achieve the traditional "pinch" of CoolSculpting's original Legacy applicators, there are new and improved methods we use to treat athletic builds. Texas is a little ways away from Michigan, so be sure to find a certified CoolSculpting technician near you that uses CoolSmooth Pro or CoolAdvantage. Best of luck to you!

Joseph E. Mark, MD
Rochester Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting candidates

Coolsculpting is an excellent way to eliminate unwanted fat. It generally works very well on athletic individuals.  By the looks of your photos you look like you would be an excellent candidate, however I would recommend a consultation first and foremost to discuss medical history.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting candidate

Coolsculpting works well when there is enough laxity of skin and underlying fat to be able to be treated with the applicators. You can easily expect 25% fat reduction with initial treatment, but it will take 1 to 3 months to see the result. With limited photo it is hard to tell but you seem to be a good candidate.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Sitting on the fence.. Coolsculpting vs Sculpsure

This will of course depend on your expectations and examination. Now, if you fit nicely in an applicator of cool sculpting - this will give a great and predictable response. Downside? Hurts during, and after for a week or so. Now that is going to limit you from going to the gym. 

OK, if you want overall reduction with minimal downtime, SculpSure... this takes 25 minutes to do, and no limits on gym.

The best treatment for you will depend on your body shape, lifestyle and expectations. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
FIORI Institute of Body Contouring
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

CoolSculpting for lower abdomen

Dear natbrat87,
From the photo you have provided, it seems as though you would be a good candidate for CooSculpting of the lower abdomen. What you have described is actually what an ideal candidate is. Someone who is close to their ideal body weight, works out but has stubborn areas that do not seem to improve with lifestyle choices. As far as being out of the gym for too long, you need not worry. Most patients resume their regular activities immediately following the procedure (even going to the gym -  depending on what you do at the gym). For the best advice, I recommend consulting a physician who offers this procedure. 

Manish Khanna, MD, FRCP(C)
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

SculpSure

Thank you for your question, nattbrat87 regarding your candidacy. SculpSure is the superior product to CoolSculpting, as it has won in every head-to-head study. Unlike CoolSculpting and its other competitors, SculpSure is painless, with no numbness and only takes 25 minutes. SculpSure can melt up to 25% of your unwanted stubborn subcutaneous fat. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine your candidacy. SculpSure is designed for individuals with stubborn subcutaneous fat anywhere on their body that is failing to disappear with consistent workouts and healthy diets.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidate

Cool sculpting can be helpful in reducing localized fat in the apron area of the lower abdomen in persons with smaller deposits and good skin tone. You really do need to go in to be assessed by an experienced plastic surgeon who can properly discuss the full range of surgical and nonsurgical options with you during an in person consultation, but from your picture, I would preliminarily say you may be a good candidate.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

CoolSculpting lower abdomen

Hi thank you for your question and photo. Looking the the photo is appears that you would be a good candidate for the CoolSculpting procedure in the lower abdomen. You will be able to go back to your normal workouts the next day. I recommend that you visit an board certified plastic surgeons office for a consultation and assessment. 
Best of luck to you! 

John A. Kotis, DO, FACS, FACOS