Who's the best plastic surgeon in the world? Let's talk. (Photo)

I want someone who's going to take the time to help me achieve what I want. I captioned what I like in the pictures attached.

Who's the best plastic surgeon in the world? Hmmm

I love it! Awesome question. The demand and popularity for buttock enhancement procedures in my practice is through the roof!  It’s allowed me to perfect my technique over the years so that I produce safe, reliable and long-lasting results that will age well with my patients whether it’s using fat only, gummy bear butt implants only, or both.  In the end, it’s important to choose whatever means necessary to achieve your desired goals for size, but more importantly shape! My patients generally seek to have a perky or curvaceous butt that is shapely, whether they are full-figured and voluptuous or shredded fitness types, and everything in the middle.  If your were gifted with a flat or shapeless butt or acquired it over the years, consider a consultation with a plastic surgeon who does all 3 major types of enhancements to understand all your options.  More importantly, you said it best.. "someone who's going to take the time to help"!It’s important to understand that the terms relating to buttock enhancement are not as important as what your specifically tailored plan entails. Often the words Buttock Augmentation, Butt Lift, Brazilian Butt Lift, Buttock Fat Grafting, Buttock Reshaping and so on are used interchangeably.  Get a consultation so that you can best understand what will help you achieve a sexier you.

Who's the best plastic surgeon in the world? Let's talk.

Hello morena007 - Thanks for your question.  I think the first question to ask is "What do you look like now?"  The reason I say this is that any surgeon you work with will need to know what they will be working with.  Some things are possible, some things are not.  In the U.S. we have limitations on what we can do to provide results similar to those of the model photos you include.  Outside of the U.S. there are additional options, but these options enhance the risk of surgery.  The shape you are looking for is the shape that every patient seeking buttocks enhancement in my practice asks for.  I typically have to let them down gently when I tell them that those models were either born that way or had injections of illegal substances ("pumping" of silicone oil, Synthol, industrial silicone, etc.). My practice in Denver is comprised 60-70% of ethnic plastic surgery procedures, of which buttocks enhancement is the most common body procedure.  I've gotten similar results from BBL surgery, silicone butt implants, and hybrid (fat with butt implant) procedures.  Of course, each procedure was individualized.  Your results will be individualized as well. As far as your question regarding who is the best plastic surgeon in the world, that question has no answer. You will have to interview each surgeon individually to see if you two mesh.  It is often the relationship between patient and physician that create the great outcomes. I have included a link to a recent BBL surgery I performed from my Youtube channel for you to see one possible result from my practice.  There are good surgeons in CA, TX, FL, etc. Just search for them here on RealSelf.com. Good luck, Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Buttock implants

This is an excellent question with an impossible answer.  There are many great plastic surgeons in the world all specializing in different things but each generating wonderful results.  Your search should start with the procedure you are most interested in having.  For instance if you are interested in buttock implants, you should search for someone wo specializes in buttock implants. 

Many things are achievable, but some of the result will depend upon your starting point and how well you heal.

What you want and what you have

What you want and what you have to start with are critical. Please provide a photograph of your start point in order to determine if what you want will be feasible.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Buttock augmentation decision making

In short, a combination of sculpting your waistline with liposuction and augmenting your buttock with implants provides the best chance for a long lasting "hour-glass" figure. Please read on for more surgical details:   Regarding buttock augmentation, let me start off by saying that I currently see at least 2 - 3 patients per week, from around the world, that failed "brazilian buttock lift" (i.e. the fat melted away after 10 - 12 months) and are now seeking a more reliable and permanent option (i.e. buttock implants).   One of the most important factors in creating the perfect derriere with implants is indeed selecting the right size AND shape. I have found the best way to assure this is to simply measure the actual dimensions of the patient’s buttock cheeks. With these anatomical measurements, I can select an implant that not only significantly augments the buttock but also supplies the correct 3-dimensional enhancement to look as real as possible...even in the most petite patients. Traditionally, teardrop oval implants have a 30+% risk of rotation and thus unnaturally change the buttock shape/appearance when doing so.  However i have recently created and patented a new "Stanton Anatomic" shaped implant that avoids this issue. The benefit of this is the fact that ~80% of women patients have more of an oval shaped buttock cheek than round, thus creating a much more natural and harmonious buttock contour. Thus, the only way for you to know what implant works best is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon specializing in this procedure and have him/her take your measurements before selecting an implant and proceeding with surgery.  The largest stock buttock implant currently available in the USA is a 690cc round implant. For the implant brand i prefer and my Stanton Anatomic Oval implants, the largest is 600cc. Indeed custom implants can be ordered larger, not only at a premium price but at a premium risk for most patients'. Unlike breast implants which are placed under the very expandable tissue of the breast and half of the pectoral major muscle, buttock implants should only be placed under or at least within the largest strongest muscle of the body, the gluteus maximus muscle, which is not nearly as expandable or forgiving. Thus most patients simply do not have a large enough native buttock muscle to fit an implant much over 500 ccs', without leading to significant complication such as wound breakdown/opening &/or implant exposure...necessitating removal. If a patient wants larger implants, 9-12 months after the initial implants have settled in to place and the muscle relaxed/stretched, then a second operation can be performed to replace them (similar to the process of going bigger with breast implants).     Be aware, the "subfascial" space that is sometimes talked about is not a real potential space to place a buttock implant. It is essentially the same as a subcutaneous pocket (ie on top of the muscle/under the skin and fat layer only) and therefore should be avoided at all costs.  Some of those sought after video-vixen and celeb-types (without mentioning names) with cartoonish bottoms could have either gotten extremely lucky with a huge oversized implant (very unlikely if properly placed under the muscle), had a very large volume of filler injected such as silicone, PMMA, Sculptra, or hydrogel - all NOT recommended because of high risk of severe infections, migration and/or hardening over time,  and even deadly consequences in rare but significant instances (if mistakenly injected into the blood stream); and/or have been genetically "blessed" - although quite unlikely. I generally do not recommend fat grafting at the same time as placing buttock implants because of a significantly increased risk of infection. For fat to survive it must be grafted into muscle, however that is also where the implant sits. Thus, if fat it injected into the implant or implant pocket then it will die and almost assuredly get infected - necessitating removal of the implant as well. Fat transfer later on must be done very carefully and cautiously, preferably by the original surgeon, for the very same reasons as above. In both instances, the risk/reward ratio is very high (meaning high risk to very low potential reward) because over 80% of the fat is likely to melt away yielding very small gains in augmentation.  Nonetheless, buttock implants are a proven safe and effective method of buttock augmentation as long as the recommendations of a board certified plastic surgeon specialist are adhered to. Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD