What do I need done in order to get rid of my round face shape? And possibly have a more masculine face? Chin implant? (Photos)

I have a round face, and as a male I don't like it . I would like to know what do I need to do in order to get rid of my round face shape. Would a chin implant work or do I need other things done? In my photos I am about 10%-12% body fat.

What do I need done in order to get rid of my round face shape? And possibly have a more masculine face?

Hi, based upon the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  From the photos, your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), there is a small amount of fat below the cheeks and the chin is a bit weak.  This combines to create a wide, rectangularly shaped face.  The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.

• Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.  Liposuction would be combined to further shape the cheeks.
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.

Hope this helps.

Facial Reshaping

The combination of chin and jaw angle implants combined with a buccal lipectomy would be the most effective approach to derounding your face. Creating a more angular lower third of your face with some fat removal is the correct treatment approach.

Round face

Thank you for the question but better photos and an examination are needed to make an intelligent recommendation.  So go on some complimentary consultations and be evaluated

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

What do I need done in order to get rid of my round face shape? Chin implant?

A full set of facial photographs in a chin neutral position are required befor making a determination about being a candidate for a chin implant procedure. Chin implants  are placed for patients who have a weak and recessesive chin profile and accomplish augmenting the mandible forward. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, and are usually placed through a small incision underneath the chin under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. In our practice, we use Implantech brand of chin implants. For more information and many before-and-after examples including diagrams of the implants themselves, please see the video and the link below