Opinion on breast augmentation?

I want to get a breast augmentation in order to change the way my breasts look, my breast are a lot fuller on the top than on the bottom and my areolas are quite big, but ive been looking at pictures online of before and afters and doctors usually leave the shape like that with patients like me, is there a way my breast can be made more into a teardrop shape? leaving me looking fuller on the bottom ? (i am a 34b)

Can you fill the lower breast more?

Sounds like you have already done a lot of research.  There are many possibilities depending on your anatomy.  The best way to know which option is best for you is to visit several Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in your area.  Get some opinions after an exam and see different implant options. 

I really like the highly cohesive contoured implants (Gummy Bears) that have a tendency to fill out the lower pole of the breast.

Hope that helps!

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Shape

Thank you for your question.  You have been doing great research and educating yourself on size and shape of implants that would give you the result you are looking for.  When you consult with a Plastic Surgeon they will take your measurements and evaluate your anatomy.   This is going to be the determining factor if the implant used can give you fullness in the lower part of your breasts resulting with the nipple/areola being centered on the augmented breast giving you a pleasing aesthetic outcome.  Good luck.

Eric Schaffer, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation options

Thanks for your inquiry, but without pictures and better an exam it is hard to advise.  You clearly know what you desire and I suggest you go get some in person consultations.  There are many fine surgeons in the San Antonio area and best of luck.  

Possible breast lift?

It is hard to create lower pole fullness out of nothing...if your breasts are at all low AND you dislike larger areolas, you might consider a lift, which can then reposition more skin into the lower portion of the breast.  

Good Luck!

Michael E. Decherd, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation with or without a lift?

One would need to see you in person for an examination and at least see photos to give you accurate advice of value.  From your description it sounds like you would need a vertical or full uplift with placement of implants.  Best IMO to determine the actual implant during the procedure when test implants can be placed and your uplift simulated.  Meet with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon to review options and be evaluated for the best outcome.  Regards,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast augment opinion

While photos showing your current breast shapes would be very helpful, my answer will be based on your description. With a smaller volume below, proper implant positioning (silicone or saline-- your choice) should allow creation of your "teardrop" shaping goals. You should plan on consulting a Board Certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate a considerable amount of experience dealing with breast enhancement surgery, undergo a thorough examination and discuss all options which apply to your situation. 

Tad Grenga, MD, FACS
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation - change of fullness

Yes, this is a possibility. Usually, patients have the opposite problem! In terms of breast shape, you can obtain a more teardrop shape with saline or gel implants. it depends on the positioning of the implant. Let your surgeon know that you want the lower pole to be fuller. Your areola may need to be reduced at the same time as your augmentation if you feel they are large now. By enlarging the size of your breasts, you will also increase the size of the areola region. 

Michael Kulick, MD, DDS

Tear drop implants

Certainly.  What you seem to be asking for is a natural, or anatomic shape to your breast, which is achieved with the use of what's known as tear-drop, or anatomic (or shaped) implants.  This implants are designed to come off the chest wall more naturally, and they are more full on the bottom, which means it looks like half of a tear drop (if you split it vertically).  Although new, this is becoming more and more popular and can give outstanding results.  

Breast differences

every patient is different. sounds like you have concerns of your current shape and may require some additional techniques to improve the appearance.  you must have an in-person exam with a PS to give you a recommendation.  online answers on RS are usually vague since we have not seen you in person.  

please make an in-person consultation with a ABPS board certified PS to discuss your options.

Hope that helps and best wishes!

Dr Morales

ABPS Board Certified plastic surgeon

Houston, Tx

Rolando Morales Jr, MD

Opinion on breast augmentation?

Pictures here would be really helpful so I will speak in general. Everyone has very different breast shape but many have very common problems. I can not comment on the tear drop shape without seeing what you are starting with. What I can tell you is that in the right hands of a board certified plastic surgeon who does a lot of breast work I am sure you can have what you are looking for. It is important that you manage your expectations. I often find that what a patient wants and envisions in their mind is not always what is possible so you need to listen to what the surgeon has to say and take in information from 1 or more consults before you decide. Best of luck. #ReleaseYourInnerBeauty

Sincerely,

DrRikcAZ

Richard J. Brown, MD