Can my nose be helped? (photos)

My nose is wide, hourglass shaped, flat and has a hump. The nostrils are huge and flat & there are freckles (more like splotches) right on the front. Every time I smile it spreads out like a fan. My columella is retracted and my nostrils hang lower than it making my nose look pushed up and in underneath. What doctor specializes in making this nose more like Blac Chyna's?? Is it even Possible or am I doomed? Every time I see Black Rhinoplasty the nostrils look triangular and weird. Is there hope?

Rhinoplasty with Alar Base Resection, Narrowing, and Tip Elevation

The photos appear to have tip rotation, alar flaring and a wide boney vault. These can all be corrected with a rhinoplasty with hump reduction for refinement of the dorsum, osteotomies for narrowing of the nose, tip elevation and grafting and alar base resections. 3D morphing could help show you a representative image of your nose. 

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed. Based on your photographs, it appears you have a wide bridge and your tip is enlarged. I believe you would benefit from a rhinoplasty to thin out the bridge of the nose and a tip rhinoplasty to reduce the size of the tip of your nose. This includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing and proportional to the rest of your face. Best of luck in your endeavors.

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Black rhinoplasty

I would recommend a rhinoplasty with narrowing the nose with infracturing, and narrowing the nostrils with alar resection from the outside. I don't think a cartilage or bone graft to the dorsum is advised at this time. I would not change the columella. You can get a very nice approximation of Chyna's nose. An exact replica is not possible.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, narrowing wide nostrils, increasing the projection of the tip, and narrowing the bridge line. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Your nose can be helped!

Dear EllyLyz,

Your concerns of removing the bump on the nose, improving the retracted columella, and narrowing the width of the nose are common issues patients present with when seeking rhinoplasty. The difference is how to artistically address weak cartilages and a thick skin envelope. All these can be addressed with open structural rhinoplasty. We would be happy to meet with you for a consultation. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ethnic rhinoplasty

Thanks for your question- there are certainly many options available to help improve the balance of your nose, bringing harmony to your face.  A rhinoplasty procedure will address all of your concerns but, as you have mentioned, will need to consider some special circumstances in your case. I would recommend scheduling an in-person consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who can help go over each of your concerns after a thorough exam. 

Best wishes!

Christian L. Stallworth, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon