Mommy makeover 371CC too big or can I go bigger? (photos)

Hello Im having a mommy makeover done I'm 5 ft and i weigh 125 i had three children. I'm doing a breast lift plus breast augmentation and of course tummy tuck. My concern is that i already have breast tissue so would 371 cc be too big for my body type or can i go bigger?

Mommy makeover and implant size

Congrats on your choice to move forward with surgery!  You will find a very nice, dramatic change in your body shape.  In regards to choosing implant size, 350-400cc range may be great for you depending on your goals.  It is always smart to pick an implant that has a base diameter that fits within your breast.  The lift will tighten your skin and make your breast (without an implant) appear a bit smaller.  The goal of the implant is to give you shape, projection, and volume that pleases you.  If your surgeon has some implants in that size range in his or her office that you can 'try on' in a bra, it may give you a nice visual for what is possible with that implant size.  Keep in mind that an implant inside the body always appears a bit smaller than an implant outside the body that is stacked in your bra.  Have another conversation with your surgeon and make sure your goals are likely met with this particular implant size.  And keep in mind, our breasts (skin and tissue) probably age better with a smaller implant (as opposed to a large, heavy one).

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question. You are a good candidate for mommy makeover. The size of the implant depending on your measurements and your goal. Just based on the picture I van not recommend the size of implants. Your PS is the right one to tap to.

371cc too big?

You look like a great candidate for a lift/augment combination.  The appropriate size implant is going to be based on a combination of your anatomic measurements and the art of selecting an appropriate implant.  Find a plastic surgeon that you trust and share your goals.  They will help you find the appropriate path to reach those goals.

Earl E. Ferguson III, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover 371CC too big or can I go bigger?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, you should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation/lifting surgery. You are correct in that there will be limits as to how large of a breast implant can be utilized safely during the procedure.  Remember, that during breast lifting surgery, some skin is removed, thereby limiting the "space" available for breast implants. 
On the one hand, breast augmentation surgery is expanding the breast skin “envelope” while breast lifting is (by definition) tightening up the breast skin envelope. These 2 forces are counteracting each other. Therefore, it becomes important to remove the appropriate amount of breast skin and to use the appropriate size/profile of breast implants to balance these 2 forces appropriately and to allow for achievement of the patient's goals while minimizing risks of complications. 
  Ultimately, you will do well select your plastic surgeon carefully and communicating your goals, questions, and concerns. In other words, careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.
Also, generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.  2. Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase. 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. The use of temporary intraoperative sizers with the patient in the upright position makes selection of the best breast implant size/profile relatively easy.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.