How long does juvederm take to get out of nasolabial folds? I had juvederm done Sept 22, 2014.

I had juvederm done Sept 22, 2014 . While the correction of the juvederm is no longer there, I do feel like there is product still there or is this scar tissue I'm feeling ? I don't smile very often and I'm not sure if that's why I'm still feeling what seems to be product there. I'd like to be sure it's all gone before getting fat grafting to that area so it can take and get an adequate blood supply.

Juvaderm to the Nasolabial Folds

Hi ~ Usually juvederm lasts 6-9 months but some patients do see it last up to a year. It is very likely that all of the juvaderm has dissolved and you would be safe to move forward with fat grafting. If there is any question see an experienced injector to evaluate you in person.

Juvederm for the nasolabial folds

Juvederm may last six months to a few years in some people.  It can stimulate production of your own collagen so even after it dissolves you may have fullness in the area.  If there is any Juvederm still left, it can be dissolved with hyaluronidase.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Hello.  Juvederm in the nasolabial folds generally last 6 months to 8 months, although some patients will still have some correction at one year.  I doubt you still have Juvederm there if it was done in 2014, so you may be feeling some residual scar tissue.  The best thing is to see a board certified surgeon for a careful in office exam.  I don't anticipate any problems precluding fat grafting.  Take care.

Kenneth Yu, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm taking too long to go away

Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid that can take a few months to a couple of years to resolve. It can be removed with hyaluronidase in the clinic. Facial fat grafting shouldn't affect it, but if you're concerned, have it removed with hyaluronidase. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm in NLF longevity

It can last different times in different folks. It typically will last about a year. There should be no concern that it will affect your fat grafting outcome.

Steven F. Weiner, MD