Is it too late for a thong bra? My skin has raised between my boobs after my breast augmentation. (photos)

I think the implants might be too big for my frame or I need a different style implant. My PS insisted that 550cc would be fine for my frame. I was a 32A before my surgery and was excited to have bigger boobs. I can't look at misled in the mirror and I won't even let my husband look at me topless. I'm so unhappy and I want to cry every time I look at them. Can a thong bra help? Or do I need a revision?

Is it too late for a thong bra? My skin has raised between my boobs after my breast augmentation.

You are correct in that your breast implants are quite close to the mid line and some skin elevation (tenting) is present. I do not think that the thong bra or any other type of garment will help with the skin tenting.  

If, in the long-term, your breast implant positioning is a concern, I would recommend medial capsulorrhaphy  for correction of implant mal-position.
In my practice, having used a variety of “techniques” for correction of implant displacement, I find that the most reliable technique involves a 2 layer capsulorrhaphy (internal suture repair of the breast implant pockets along the cleavage area). Often, the use of acellular dermal matrix is helpful also. I have also been pleased with the (at least partial) correction of skin tenting that can be achieved with the use of the acellular dermal matrix.
Often, it is necessary to “open” (reverse capsulotomy) the breast implant pocket laterally (outer breast fold) to allow for positioning of the implant centrally behind the breast mound. This maneuver may also decrease the amount of implant pressure against the medial suture line. I also find that careful attention to postoperative activity restrictions is key to success with this type of surgery and other types of implant malposition revisionary breast surgery.I hope this and the link/video below are helpful.

Too Late for a Thong Bra?

You do appear to be on the verge of developing Synmastia. If your surgery was very recent, a thong bra might help, but if you are more than several weeks out, the condition is likely too far established for a thong bra to help. It would be helpful to see your before pictures, but it appears as if your surgeon was attempting to create greater "cleavage" by positioning the implants closer together. This is almost always a bad approach, because it creates the conditions that can result in synmastia, and it rotates your nipples outwards in a very unnatural way, as yours are now. So it's not really so much the size of the implant but rather how the surgery was performed, although a larger implant will make the problem worse. Unfortunately you look like you will be needing a revision.

550 cc breast implants and problems.

Sorry about your experience.  I think that it points out the risks of someone who was an 
A cup receiving very large implants.
Your implants appear to be subglandular and if smaller implants are placed subpectorally you have a good chance of a more natural appearance.

Discuss options with your surgeon or another ABPS Bd Certified surgeon.  Best wishes.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Thong bra vs revision surgery

unfortunately, it appears you most likely have symmastia, which will require a revision surgery.  a thong bra will not help.  

please consider rediscussing your concerns with your ABPS board certified PS or maybe get a second opinion.

Hope that helps and best wishes!
Dr. Morales
ABPS Board Certified
Houston, Tx

Rolando Morales Jr, MD

Augmentation issues

From the pictures you submitted, it doesn't appear that a bra is going to help fix the deformity of your breasts.  You appear to have symmastia - a problem when the implant pockets touch in the middle.  A revision surgery is unfortunately necessary to fix this.

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon