What kind of nose would fit my facial structure if I were to get a nose job? (Photos)

RHINOPLASTY CANDIDATE

Dear FelicityRangel, A rhinoplasty performed in the hands of an expert surgeon who has natural looking rhinoplasty results will provide you with a natural looking nose that is refined and balances well with your facial anatomy. In your particular case refining the nasal tip and width, narrowing the bridge, and slightly rotating the tip will provide a softer more feminine appearance. During your consultation the surgeon can perform digital imaging and show you the proposed result taking into consideration your skin thickness and overall nasal anatomy. Once this is determined as your desired result then the surgeon can discuss in full detail the techniques which will be used to achieve your desired look. See some examples of how rewarding this procedure can be in the link below and examples of imaging in the video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Nasal appearance

Hello.  Based on the photos you submitted, your nasal tip looks bulbous (or big) and is slightly under rotated.  The nose is a key structure of one's facial appearance and gives us our character.  While there are no strict rules on how a nose should look like, there are certain characteristics that Western culture has defined as more attractive.  A more refined tip that is slightly upturned is typically considered more attractive in females.  The best thing to do is consult a board certified surgeon for a thorough in office exam.  At this visit, you and the surgeon can discuss your thoughts and concerns, and come up with the best solution for you.  Take care.

Kenneth Yu, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

The right kind of nose for my face

The right kind of nose for your face is a personal decision. I would consult with a facial plastic surgeon and discuss the various options to improve the nasal tip and reduce the dorsum of the nose. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

What Kind of Nose Will Fit My Face?

There s no such thing as the right kind of nose because every rhinoplasty procedure is individualized to meet the needs of that patient. In your case the entire nose can be narrowed and the tip refined. Removing the hump and lifting the columella (the strip between your nostrils) will feminize your nose and make it more proportional to your surrounding facial features.

Rhinoplasty candidate

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish narrowing the bulbous tip, narrowing the bridge line, and  refining the profile of the  nose. For many examples and more information, please see the video and the link below

What kind of nose would fit my facial structure if I were to get a nose job?

The appearance of your nose can be improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty-septoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an examination and discussion about desired outcome. It can be performed through either a closed or open approach.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

What kind of nose would suit your face?

There is no specific variety or kind of nose  A surgeon can choose from in order to apply that to your face. It is more useful to determine what aspects of your nose would benefit  From certain surgical maneuvers to enhance its overall appearance and harmonize with the rest of your facial features. Generally, your nose is too wide and ill defined for your face. Your tip is boxy and would benefit from refinement in order to make it look more narrow and triangular without looking pinched.  The tip needs more projection in relationship to the bridge of your nose  while I would set back the bridge of your nose to make it be less projecting than it is. You would require osteotomies to narrow the bones.I would perform the surgery as an "open" technique so that precise suturing can be performed  in a symmetrical fashion simultaneously  to control the shape of your nasal tip. Finally, you would benefit  aesthetically from a chin augmentation with an implant  in order to create ultimate harmony between your nasal tip and chin which are the most projecting parts of the face on the lateral view.

Randal Haworth, MD, FACS