Not sure if Juvederm is completely out of my nasolabial folds.

I'm not sure if all the juvederm in my nasolabial folds has disappeared. I still feel what I believe to be a small amount of product there. I just know that I'm not how looked before juvederm and I feel a bit of hardness when I press against the skin in that area. I had one syringe placed in my nasolabial folds back in September 22, 2014 . Can I still get hyluronidase injected there to make sure the juvederm is gone or will this ruin my natural collagen and surrounding tissues?

Juvederm

Thank you for your question in regards to Juvederm. Yes, hyaluronidase can still be injected into the area where you feel your filler. It only breaks down the filler, not your collagen. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

Thank you for your question.  If you still feel a hard lump along your nasolabial fold where your Juvederm was placed you can still have hyaluronidase placed to try and dissolve it.  Hyaluronidase only dissolves filler material and not your body's natural tissues.  Hope this helps.

Unhappy Results With Fillers, Reverse with Hyaluronidase

If you are unhappy with filler results or want it removed please have hyaluronidase injected.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm in NLF need dissolving

It can be removed even this far after the injection. I've had to use hyaluronidase in the eye area for Juvederm over 4 years after injection. There is absolutely no harm in using it.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm and Dissolving Product

It is possible that there is still some product left and you certainly can have Vitrase injected to dissolve the product.  Best, Dr. Green

It is possible there is still some Juvederm in your nasolabial folds.  You could get hyaluronidase injected there to remove any residual Juvederm.  It won't dissolve your natural collagen.  Always seek help form a qualified professional.  Good luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and nasolabial folds.

If you can still feel lumps, chances are JUVEDERM is still there. I tell my patients that if they can feel lumps, its perfectly normal, but if you can see lumps consider getting it dissolved with hyluronidase. 

No, hyluronidase will not dissolve normal collagen, just HA Fillers like Juvederm, and Restylane. 

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist 
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Hello MsNadia89,

Juvederm can last up to one year.  It is possible that you were able to form some new collagen during your initial procedure, as the inflammation from the original injection can cause this.  If you are not happy with your current result, you can try an injection of hyaluronidase.  This will not cause any harm, but it may not give you a result that you want since it is unlikely that any Juvederm still remains.  

I'd recommend you see a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon to evaluate your result and determine if you would benefit from an injection.  It may also be the case that more Juvederm would be a better option.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Adding extra Juvederm to nasolabial folds

Thank you for sharing your question. You probably have some residual Juvederm in the folds. You can always place additional product when desired. Make sure to have procedures performed by experienced doctors.
Good luck,