I am having a TT & BA on Aug 15 and won't see or talk to my surgeon again until then. Is this normal?

How will he remember me and what needs to be done? Is it normal not to see him before the surgery?

Preop Visit

I would recommend that you contact your plastic surgeons office and see what their preop appointment process involves.   This is usually a few weeks before your surgery.   If your surgeon is not going to be there for this visit, I would request a 2nd consultation with them to discuss your questions and concerns.   It is very important that you are fully informed and prepared before you proceed with any elective surgery.   All the best.

Preop Visit

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Communicating with Your Surgeon Pre-Op

You should be able to contact your plastic surgeon's office and staff with any questions or concerns you have prior to your #procedure. Usually, you will have pre-op appointment soon before your procedure to finalize your decisions, etc. Also, when you arrive on your surgery date, you will also see your plastic surgeon to confirm what has been discussed before going into surgery and undergoing anesthesia. But, if have any concerns in the meantime, it is best to call their office to set your mind at ease the day of the surgery. 

Communicating with Your Surgeon Pre-Op

Mommy makeover aftercare

After a mommy makeover, it takes time for the implants to settle (if you got implants) and it takes time for the swelling to resolve. This can take up to 6 months so I don't usually recommend any revisions for that time. Specific questions about problems with the surgery are usually best directed to the plastic surgeon who performed your surgery. Thanks for your question!

Mommy makeover aftercare

Most surgeons will see their patient for a pre-op visit about 2 weeks before their procedure.  I also see my patient the morning of surgery and go over everything one more time and answer any last minute questions.  If you don't have an appointment to see your surgeon before your Aug 15th date, there should be absolutely no problem to make one closer to your surgery date for questions and just to make yourself feel better.  Good luck! ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

The preoperative visit

Every office has their own protocols for preoperative preparation.   I would suggest you call your plastic surgeon's office and schedule some time for another visit with him/her to put your mind at ease.  Most plastic surgery offices require a preoperative visit 1-2 weeks before surgery.   Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

The preoperative visit

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Thank you for your question.  Different offices have different protocols for how often a patient is seen before and after surgery. What you are describing does sound normal. In my practice, after I have met with the patient in consultation, the next appointment is the pre-op 2 weeks before surgery. This appointment is done with an RN. Your surgeon will remember you and your surgical plan by reviewing your chart before your surgery. You will also have an opportunity to speak with your surgeon briefly right before your surgery.  However, it is not unheard of for a patient to request a second consultation with me during their pre-operative appointment, and I am always happy to meet with them again. If you would like to see your surgeon again, simply phone his or her office and request a secondary consultation. Good luck with your procedure.

Café preop exam within 2 weeks before mommy makeover is standard procedure

It is very important that you see your plastic surgeon for a preoperative examination and discussion.  This is usually done within 2 weeks before surgery.  I suggest that you call your plastic surgeon's office and demand that you have a preoperative appointment for an examination and thorough discussion of your procedure.

You should have access to your surgeon any time you wish prior to elective cosmetic surgery.

If you wish to speak with your plastic surgeon prior to the surgery date this is certainly or privilege. Call the office and make an appointment.

Yes, it is normal. Your surgeon will have taken photos and copious notes regarding your goals and his plans to help you meet them. But I think the doctor would be more than happy to speak with you again if you fell there are unanswered questions.

How many visits with doctor before mommy makeover surgery?

For most situations, it is best to see your surgeon at least 2 times before surgery: once for the consultation and planning, then another for the pre-op counseling. There are some circumstances such as out of town patients where this is impractical. We like to see our patients for the pre-op visit about 2 weeks before the surgery.