I want to get rid of fat/skin hanging under my chin.

Don't know if this is a turkey neck but I want to get rid of the fat + skin under my chin. I wouldn't do a facelift but something to take care of this only, I would do! Thanks!!

I want to get rid of fat/skin hanging under my chin

Thank you for your question. A photo and in person examination would be helpful to answer your question. Skin laxity and jowls are best corrected with a facelift. Other options include a neck lift,  liposuction or kybella.  Good candidates for kybella are also good candidates for liposuction.  Patients with good skin tone and mild to moderate fullness will have good results.   Consult with  board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the best option for you.

ATX-101 or Ultherapy or both

A picture would have helped guidance.

Skin laxity can be treated with Ultherapy.

Submental fullness can be treated with injections of ATX-101.

You may certainly need a combination of approaches to achieve the cosmetic look you are seeking.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Fat underneath the chin

Hi, without seeing you in person it is difficult to assess your condition and suggest options for treatment. We can successfully treat and tighten loose skin and fat under the neck with a variety of methods including Kybella, Ultherapy, Radiofrequency tightening (Infini) and CoolSculpting. There is also the option of neck liposuction or surgery. 

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Submental fullness

There are other options other than surgery to treat loose skin of the neck.  We are all fortunate that the FDA approved kybella in April 2015 to treat submetal fullness. If you don't want injections, we could also laser the skin of the neck to make it tighter. 

Sandra M. Johnson, MD
Fort Smith Dermatologist

I like Liposuction, SmartLipo, Thermi RF or Kythera for treatment of submittal fat.

Liposuction, SmartLipo, Thermi RF or Kythera (newly available) are all good treatment options in experienced hands for getting rid of submental fat.  This can be combined with some skin tightening as well.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

It is hard to give you much advice without seeing you or seeing photos of you.  If you do not want to post public photos, you can send photos directly to any doctor through our websites.   As for the turkey neck, typically this requires surgery with liposuction.  Yes, necklift alone can be performed, but most often is performed with a facelift.

Submental soft tissue

Without photos and an exam it is very difficult to give you an answer to your question. There are many options to address this area, but your ultimate result will depend on what your goals are and what you are willing to treat with. ATX-101 is a new, FDA approved injectable to help with the dissolution of sub mental fat. However, it is so new there is no marketing/trade name for it yet. No idea when it will actually be available.
there are ultrasound technologies like Ultherapy and radiofrequency applications that can help with tightening as well, but some patients are finding these non-surgical techniques to have their own set of potential complications. 
Some of the most reliable and long lasting results remain with liposuction and neck/face lifting though.
finally your age and skin quality will have a big influence on this as well.
i would recommend an in-person consultation to see what's right for you. Would be happy to see you here in San Antonio!
Best Wishes

Christian L. Stallworth, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Excess neck skin

thank you for your question.  without an exam answering this question is difficult.  overall, options for excess neck skin are liposuction or excision.  we have had very good results correcting excess skin with liposuction.  other problems may be hidden by the loose skin which makes an exam very useful.  I recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns.