I just had a revision rhinoplasty 8 days ago & I feel like I look extremely weird looking. Is this at all normal? (Photos)

The cast was removed yesterday and he did have to go inside my mouth to remove the muscle between my nose and lip to relax the muscle but my nose looks way too upturned and you can see my nostrils. I have to go back to work Monday and am so concerned. Please help

Rhinoplasty post op

It is not unusual for patients to feel this way after a rhinoplasty.  You are 8 days post op so you can expect your nose to have a lot of swelling.  The swelling will go down as time passes and you will have to be patient.  I recommend that you continue to follow up with your surgeon.

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

It is very early in the post-op course. The tip will stay swollen for a year or longer. Be patient with the results.

Postoperative rotation and swelling

Congratulations on your new nose!  Everything you seen to be experiencing is quite normal this soon after surgery.  For the rotation, this is almost always slightly accentuated in the early postop period and will settle with time.  In addition, you have quite a bit of swelling that lends to soft tissue distortion and even the feeling of restrictedly mobility.  I tell my patients that it will take 2-3 months for approximately 80% of the swelling to subside, and an additional 9-12 months for the remainder.
Please be patient and discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Christian L. Stallworth, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swollen after revision rhinoplasty

I agree that things look weird, but it may be normal to look weird at this stage given what your surgeon did during the procedure.  You are pretty swollen in that area. 

I don't usually approach that muscle via the mouth.  I usually do so via the nose, and at that I do it rarely.  But when I do I put some tape across the upper lip to keep the swelling down and I tape afterwards as well for up to 2 wks at night.  You might talk to your surgeon about it.  I would think they would be open to the idea as it is very unlikely to do any harm.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD