I had Juveduerm and voluma and took a calcium channel blocker will it affect the injections?

What can I do to make the injections last the amount of time I was told. I paid almost 4000.00 for the injections not to work

Duration Of Juvederm And Voluma

Thank you for your question.  Use of a calcium channel blocker will not affect the injections or duration of your results.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved with a combination of Juvederm and Voluma.  In general, Juvederm will last for up to one year and Voluma will last for up to two years.  There can be some variability in the duration of results based on the individual.  For some patients the duration can be slightly longer and for some patients the duration can be slightly less.  Hope this helps and if you continue to have any concerns please be sure to see your injector for an in-person reevaluation in order to best address your concerns and to determine the best course of action.  Best wishes! 

Voluma and medications

Voluma is a fantastic filler for the mid-face and a calcium channel blocker should not affect the results.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Longevity of Fillers such as Juvederm and Voluma with Calcium Channel Blockers

Calcium channel blockers should not have any effect on the longevity of your dermal fillers. If you are concerned please consult with your injector. Best, Dr. Emer

Calcium Channel Blocker and Juvederm

Juvederm Voluma injections should last about 2 years. Juvederm Ultra and Ultra Plus injections should last about 9-12 months depending on where injected. Anatomy with more animation, for example, your mouth/lips which is used constantly while awake - eating, drinking, talking, singing - may have a shorter duration than areas with less constant animation, cheeks, nose, etc. The calcium channel blocker should not have an effect on your injections! Enjoy your refreshed appearance!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Should be OK

The combo of Juvederm and Voluma plus a calcium channel blocker should be fine and not cause any problems together.

Calcium CHannel Blocker and Dermal FIllers

Dear Max

There is nothing to worry about. There are no interactions between hyaluronic acid fillers and calcium channel blockers which are often used to treat blood pressure.

All the best

Dr Soni

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

I had Juveduerm and voluma and took a calcium channel blocker will it affect the injections? No

Your medication will not affect the results of your filler treatment in any way. Best.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon