I want to know if this is a good size or do i need to go bigger or smaller? (photos)

I am getting a breast augmentation in about two weeks. I'm 35 b right now. I chose 492 cc moderate profile but I'm scared that i will look top heavy. I want something that will fit my body and not make me look bigger than I am.

Implant size

Thank you for your question. Breast implant selection is an important process and requires good communication between you and your surgeon. Typically, breast measurements are initially obtained to provide an initial guide to implants appropriate for your chest. It's then advised that you try different sizers in a normal bra with a tight t-shirt to get an idea of what your breasts would look like. It's important to focus on the look that you want instead of a specific cup size or implant size. Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Choosing breast implant size

Thank you for your question. Size is a critical question for many women who choose breast augmentation. The key is to work with a Board Certified plastic surgeon with expertise and experience in breast augmentation. There is an ideal shoe size for your foot. Too small and your foot will be crammed and too large and your foot will not fill the shoe. The same thing is true with breasts: too large and it will look round and fake; too small and it will be loose and empty on the top. The common denominator to the most beautiful breasts is that they were sized objectively on the basis of measurements. We combine a proven formula based on measurements of the rests and chest along with through discussions of patient's desires. Photos of ideal breasts and results from patients with similar breasts are often very helpful in the discussion. A rice test in the office or at home can also be very helpful. 

I want to know if this is a good size or do i need to go bigger or smaller?

492cc breast implants are large implants. Larger breasts no matter what size implant you choose will make you look heavier unless you choose clothing that accentuates that the fullness is from your breasts. From the photo it appears that you have the frame to hold that size implants. The ultimate decision on whether that is the right size for you is up to you.

Breast Implant Size

The exact implant size you choose ultimately depends on you. With that being said, I always provide recommendation to my patients as to which size would look the most natural for both their body and their lifestyle.

Additionally, many surgeons and clinics (like ours) give patients the option of trying on sizers as well as provide digital imaging during their consultation to get an idea of what type of results different sizes will achieve.

If you’re in any way unsure towards the size choice you’ve made, contact your surgeon to schedule a time to go over your final decisions before the surgery occurs. By addressing all of these concerns with your surgeon, you’ll feel more comfortable about the final choice you make. Good luck!

Breast augmentation - is 492 too large?

Thank you for your question about your breast implants.

I suggest you buy a bra of the kind you want to fill out -
Return to your surgeon and try on the 492 implant.
Unless you have a very wide chest and are quite tall, it is likely to make you top heavy.
Taking time to choose the right implant is very important - making the right decision now avoids redoing the implant later!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

It will make you top heavy

Many criteria, most of all artistic judgement by a surgeon makes the implant size decision that fits a body. You also have asymmetric breasts. Asymmetry will also impact final look. However short answer to your question is:  492 cc will make you top heavy.     

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast Implant Sizing

The exact choice of size that will work best for you is an important decision that you should make with your board certified plastic surgeon. 3D Vectra imaging and simulation, the Mentor gel sizing system, rice filled implants at home in your bra, and bio-dimensional analysis are all methods that can be employed to help you come to a decision. Because size is such an important component of decision making in breast augmentation our office employs all of these techniques with each patient to ensure the highest rate of satisfaction possible. Good luck with your decision!

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Breast augmentation

That is a decent size implant. I don't know your height, weight, or actual exam. I also don't know your actual goal. Moderate profile implants are usually going to give a moderate augmentation. Did you go over pictures? Does the surgeon know what your expectations are? I would suggest talking to the nurse in the office. 

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Question about breast implant size

There are a number of things they weigh into implant sizing. Height and weight are important - 492cc in someone 5'1" is quite a change whereas in a patient 5'9" is not so much. Body frame and chest wall shape are also important.

The most important factor is - choosing what you like. In our office we have patients try out implants in a special bra, with and without a top and letting the patient make the final choice. We're here to help and guide you and make suggestions along the way. You can take as long as you want and try out implants as many times as you want, before you make your final decision. This method results in very, very few patients being dissatisfied with their results.

Good luck