I got a breast augmentation 2 weeks ago. Why does my right arm hurt when I raise it up or try to reach something I get a pain?

Pain in my right arm after BA My BA incisions were through my armpits.

Pain 2 weeks post breast augmentation

It is not uncommon to feel some discomfort or pain two weeks after surgery for some patients. However, you need to determine if it is discomfort or true pain that you are experiencing, and is the sensation get less intense, staying to same, or getting worse? At 2 weeks you really should be feeling much better so I recommend you call your surgeon and talk to him about what's going on. He/She may want you to come in for an exam to make sure everything is healing properly. Good luck with your recovery!

2 Weeks Post op

Thank you for your question. It is not unusual to have some discomfort when first using your arms and chest muscles after breast augmentation. I recommend that you let your Plastic Surgeon know so that they can rule out anything concerning.

All the best

Pain after Surgery

Thanks for your question and congrats on your breast augmentation.  Pain after surgery is not uncommon and movements that didn't hurt before surgery may be pronounced for the first few weeks.  If the pain isn't starting to lessen you might book an appointment with your surgeon for a quick in person examination.  This sounds like the normal stages of healing but just get a check-up to be sure.

Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Pain after augmentation

Congratulations on your augmentation catalinaa7! Everyone recovers differently and it really depends on what kind of augmentation you had and if the same thing was done on both sides. Sometimes increased activity with one arm more than the other can lead to unmasking new pain. If the breast looks different and feels differnt is it is important to maintain follow up with your doctor and have your concerns addressed in person as well and see if they do not want you doing more activity with that arm as you hairdress. Best of luck, MMT