Can I get high profile breast augmentation after having moderate profile? (Photo)

Can I exchange to high profile implant?

Generally, exchanging implants to a higher profile can be done. It is important to discuss your goals and expectations with your surgeon to determine the best size/dimensions of implants to use to achieve your goals. Good luck!

Switch To High Profile Implants

Its impossible to comment on what type of implant you "could" have based just on these photos and your comments.  What are your goals ? What is it about your current size and shape you want to change ? What shape of breast is pretty to you ? What are your measurments ?  
Once all of these things are answered, the best implant can be chosen to meet your goals. 

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Can I get high profile breast augmentation after having moderate profile?

Thank you for the question and picture.  Yes, you should be able to convert breast implant size/profile without much difficulty. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.  Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is: 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup” or "upper fullness on top and more projection" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.  3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to larger breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

High profile implants

You can change to a high profile device.  A high profile device will increase your projection (how much your breasts project from your chest), but will not elevate them on your chest wall.  That is a common misunderstanding about high profile implants.  If you want to elevate your breasts on your chest wall and move the nipple up, then a lift is generally the method used to do that.  

Mark P. Solomon, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Exchange to higher profile

When replacing implants to go to a larger size, using higher profile implants is usually the best choice unless the implants were too narrow the first time. It is not a complicated procedure.

Richard Baxter, MD

Profile Change

Definitely, it can be done. It is much easier to go from a lower to a higher profile than the opposite. The most important thing to consider is to keep the implant diameter the same so that the new implant fits better. Discuss this with your surgeon. Good Luck!

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Secondary aug

Of course you can! If anything you already have a pocket and so the recovery, depending on what else you do, ought to be easier.
Good luck!

Michael E. Decherd, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon