Hard knot under my right breast

I had my breast implants done 8 years ago behind my muscles. Today I felt a hard knot like a soft bone under my breast... My breast are soft and no pain. It came out of nowhere. I is like a raised size. I been working out for a couple days harder. I can touch it when I lay down like the bottom of my implant. Help please... I had them done in Germany

Doctor Answers 10

Have it checked

you for the question. It would be
difficult to fully assess your situation without an in-person examination. Visit a board-certified plastic surgeon or a primary care physician  and
have a full evaluation. Best of luck.
Dr. Michael Omidi. An
in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess
your needs and provide true medical advice.

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 92 reviews

See your doctor

It is impossible for anyone to assess what is going on with your breasts online. You need to be seen in person. Since your surgeon is in Germany, I would start by making an appointment with your primary care physician. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 56 reviews

Hard knot under my right breast

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you see your primary care doctor or Obgyn so they can examine you and send you for appropriate imaging - MRI/ultrasound to make diagnosis.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Best of luck!

Dr. Schwartz

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 91 reviews

Breast lump


This could be related to many things and I recommend that you be examined in person by your primary Care Physician or Plastic Surgeon. An ultrasound or MRI can help determine what the lump is related to and if related to your implants or not.

All the best

Jerome Edelstein, MD
Toronto Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 176 reviews

Hard knot after breast implants

There's something called a Mondor's cord that sometimes can resemble what you are describing.  Be sure to discuss with your own surgeon about how this applies to you, and whether they have any special concerns in your case.

Reza Momeni, MD FACS
Summit Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 44 reviews

Worry Over Hard Knot Under Augmented Breast

I can understand your concern. Whenever we experience sudden or dramatic changes in our bodies, we tend to worry. Your question is a good one and I'm glad you are not outright dismissing it. While it is most likely not something to worry excessively over, you should seek out a consultation and exam from a local Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. He/she may request that you get an ultrasound, MRI or other test if the in-office physical exam is not definitive. There are several possibilities including a fold in the implant which occurred during one of your workout sessions.

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 70 reviews

Hard knot under the breast

Thank you for your question. I recommend you to go and see somebody local. You need a physical exam and may need some tests depending on the findings

Ven Erella, MD
Austin Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 31 reviews

Hard knot under the breast

If I were seeing you in consultation, I would consider sending you for a mammogram first. It might show up and might not. Even though it most likely is a fluid filled sac, I've found that people generally sleep better knowing. Regardless, you need to see someone about it. Don't wait a few months because you're probably going to think about it all the time. Good Luck!

Scott W. Harris, MD, FACS
Dallas Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 32 reviews

Breast lump

You should go to get a good breast exam by a doctor. It is probably nothing but could range from something related to the implants, to a lymph node, to a growth that should be removed.

Ronald Schuster, MD
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 77 reviews

Hard Knot Under Augmented Breast 8 Years Old - What Is It?

Thanks for your question.  It is kind of like a Sherlock Holmes mystery.

Since it came on after a couple days of working out harder than usual, and since it is a hard knot under the breast, and since you had your breast augmented in Germany (Europe did not stop patients from getting silicone breast augmentations like the US did), I am going to assume that you were augmented with a silicone implant and that your workout included some pectoralis work, and since the capsule around your implant is 8 years old, I am going to conclude that you tore the capsule in a very small area and that the silicone implant (probably intact) is bulging out of that small rent.  Also, since there is enough pressure to push the implant out of this rent in the capsule, I am going to assume that you have a capsular contracture at least on that side.

At this point, it would be appropriate to contact one of the excellent Board Certified plastic surgeons in San Antonio, get an in person physical exam and consultation, and thanks for allowing me to play Sherlock Holmes.

BTW, this is not an emergency situation by any means.  Don't be frightened by my mumbo jumbo, but do see a Board Certified plastic surgeon.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.