How do I fix my lips? (Photo)

Hi. I am 22 years old. My lips are uneven and I would like to fix them. I have just noticed that a couple of day ago. I have a bad tick which I'm trying to stop where I bight the inside of my cheeks. Maybe that is the problem. Please let me know how to make my lips better. Thanks

Conservative Lip Augmentation for Symmetry

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Sorry to hear that you are having some concerns about the appearance of your lips.  Based on your photograph, it appears that you have nice naturally full lips with some minor asymmetries.  I would recommend a conservative lip augmentation with a small amount of hyaluronic acid-based filler.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation in order to fully address your concern, discuss your goals and expectations, and determine the best course of action.  Best wishes!

Lip filler

Hello, and thanks for your question. 

You are fortunate in that you already have good lip volume, but I do think your minor lip asymmetries could be improved with a small amount of HA filler. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

Fillers can do well with contouring and shaping of the lips with keeping a natural look.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip Irregularities Can Be Corrected

From your one limited photo, you have slight irregularities and asymmetries. Hyaluronic acid fillers (like Restylane or Juvederm) can correct these by filling in. If, on the other hand, you wish for a smaller lip, then surgical reduction might be considered. See a board-certified dermatologist, facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon for a discussion of fillers. See a board-certified facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon to discuss surgical options. In my web link, I discuss various ways to enhance lips.

Minas Constantinides, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Fillers and Uneven Lips

It appears that you would benefit from fillers to correct the asymmetry.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Filler

You should start out with 1cc of juvederm filler and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Dermal Filler for Lip Enhancement

Dermal fillers to your lips can be a great option for minimizing and correcting natural asymmetries. Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers are used for treatment in the lips, they also help provide hydration. A certified experienced injector will be able to provide a consultation, address your concerns, and conservative treatment. Thank you for your question.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Thanks for your question. This is a question that we get asked often by our patients. In my professional experience, it is possible to consistently gain better symmetry and overall shape of lips with injection of hyaluronic acid lip fillers as it allows you to completely reverse the results if you do not like them.  While these are temporary (lasting about 6 months) they are quick, simple and have minimal pain or down time. For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with dermal filler and hyaluronic acid cosmetic injections.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question in regards to lip augmentation. Hyaluronic acid based fillers such as Juvederm would be a great start to even out and add a slight volume to the appearance of your lips. Although lip fillers are temporary, HA fillers are also reversible if you end up not liking your results. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

How do I fix my lips

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph. Adding volume and correcting asymmetries of the lips is possible with the use of dermal fillers, and can be adjusted to meet your desired goals/outcome. See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon to determine the best treatment option.