Did I damage any grafts? (Photos)

It's been about two months since my FUT and earlier today my younger sister accidently scratched my head and caused me two bleed a little I checked and they're minor cuts (two) I'm worried that I might have lost or damage a few grafts does anyone know if it's possible after two months to lose hair grafts in this manner? Oh and another question while I'm at it is it okay to wash my hair everyday with baby shampoo I'm really active so I tend to sweat a lot during the day..

No damage

At this point, your grafts are indestructible! They are a part of you.  Treat your hair like normal hair. As for shampoo, use whatever you like -- you won't hurt anything.  Good luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Trauma at 2 months

By 2 months everything is stable and you really can not do damage to the transplanted hair in the recipient site, don't worry

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Scratching your head two months after surgery will not damage your grafts.

Scratching your head two months after surgery will not damage your grafts.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor for an examination.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Did I damage any grafts ?

The grafts should be permanent and secure  at 10 days post op. It is not that easy to damage them by now . You can use baby shampoo and wash twice a day .All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Did I damage any grafts?

Thank you for your question. Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated, To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

2 months post op

superficial scratches at this point in time will not damage your transplant. keep the area clean and dry until the scratches are fully healed to minimize the chance of infection, but the grafts are secure. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

NeoGraft

Thank you for your question. The 2 month post procedural point is a safe mark for you to begin resuming normal activities. You should wash your hair everyday with the baby shampoo. Please follow the recovery instructions as provided by your board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Worrying about damaging transplant 2 months after

helloworld12345,

At the 2 month mark after a hair transplant it is really incorporated well into the scalp. At this stage it is not easy to damage the transplant. Use normal care of your hair with any shampoo that you like, Johnson's baby shampoo is a good choice. 

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

No damage at this stage

At this stage you don't have to worry about treating your transplanted hair in any way that is different then you would treat your normal hair. You can scratch your head and wash/cut/shave/color your hair however you wish. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hair Transplantation

At two months after surgery, the grafts are secure and you did not harm them. At 10 days after surgery, the grafts will hold tight; after 2 - 3 weeks, they are firmly secure and can not be dislodged.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Hair Restoration Surgeon