Cost to do a lypoabdominoplasty? And if I could get an hourglass shape? (Photo)

I'm a 22 year old mom of 3 I weigh 160 lbs I've lost quite a lot of weight I want my waist to be slim and to have an hourglass shape with a flat belly what would the cost be? Also I've had 3 cesareans, and one more question how long would I be out of work?

Hourglass shape

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. I believe that you can get a reasonable hour glass shape with lipo abdominoplasty.  My office charges $10,500 with an overnight stay in the hospital.  Recovery is 4 to 6 weeks.  Sometimes you can get back to a sedentary job in 2 weeks. Peter Fisher M.D 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Tummy questions

You look like you would get a nice improvement from an abdominoplasty!  Cost varies--you need to call around.  C-sections...not a problem.  Work...that depends on what kind of work you do!  Probably a minimum of 10 days if you have a desk job....
Good Luck!

Michael E. Decherd, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Costs for Mommy Makeover

The costs for Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty will vary depending on what region of the US you live in and the physician doing the surgery. The cost can usually be broken down in to the surgical fee, the operating room fee, and the anesthesia fee. As the OR and anesthesia often charge by the hour, these fees can vary depending on how long it takes to do the procedure. Someone very petite with no fat (just loose skin) will take less time than someone larger. Total costs in the Bay Area probably range from under 10K to close to 15K or 20K. Depending on your insurance plan, repair of a hernia at the same time may be covered as well as some or all of the OR and anesthesia costs. This can vary widely. Select a plastic surgeon you are comfortable with who will take great care of you and has the talent to deliver the results you are looking for. Don't make price the deciding factor but take it into overall consideration.

Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon