Is this compression garment too tight? (photos)

Standing I can see bands and rolls at the sides. It's uncomfortable but not unbearable standing however sitting is a problem. I am 1 week post lipo of abs and flanks.

Garments

Thanks for your inquiry.  Garments after surgery should provide compression, but not be so tight as to cause the tissues stress from decreased blood circulation.  If the garment is uncomfortable, I suggest you call your plastic surgeon to discuss, good luck.

Garment after liposuction

It is important to wear compression as recommended by your physician after liposuction.   Garments and protocols vary greatly from doctor to doctor.  However, in general, the garment should fit snugly but not terribly uncomfortably.  The garment should not excessively bind to create bulging as this can lead to edema.  Make sure to show your physician your garment fit if you are concerned about the fit.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction - is the compression garment too tight?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction garment.
  • A garment should always be comfortable.
  • If it is a problem when you sit,then it is too tight.
  • Please contact your surgeon to learn what s/he wants you to do - it may be to cut the garment, it may be to use a different one.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

I suggest following up with your physician to discuss your concerns. Compression garments should fit tight, but not uncomfortable. In my practice, I have patients use double compression (foam underneath and full body suit on top), 24/7 for 3-4 weeks and then nightly for another 3-4 weeks. Protocol and post-operative care will vary, I suggest speaking to your physician if you have irritation from your garments. Best, Dr. Emer

Tight compression garment

It's hard to say from a photo whether your garment is too tight or not. It's best to always consult with your physician for any questions you may have. The garment doesn't change your ultimate outcome of fat removal, the liposuction did that, but it can make you uncomfortable if it's not a good fit.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift….

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD