Brow lift help - revision to open up eyes. (photos)

Thank you in advance for your responses. I had a brow lift 3 years ago that did nothing but leave large scars and hair loss. I was hoping to be able to get a brow lift to open up my eyes, while reducing the wrinkling on my upper eye lids. What do you recommend?

Scar camouflage with hair transplants!

The brow should be at or above the bony orbital rim. The photos show a low brow, so I would consider an endoscopic browlift. To improve the hairline and improve your prior scars, consider hair transplants. I have seen some very nice results using hair transplants to camouflage unsightly browlift scars. 

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow Lift

Thank you for your question. An endoscopic brow lift will lessen the creases that have developed on your forehead. These wrinkles are high up on the bridge of the nose and are often called frown lines. An endoscopic brow lift will reposition the brow shifting the wrinkles and repositioning a sagging brow. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Browlifts done at the hairline

invariably settle with time and revisions will produce a more durable result.  You already have the scar so use it again and attempt to minimize it at the same time the brows are pulled up.  Brow elevation will diminish the wrinkling of your upper lids but you don't want the 'deer in the headlight' look.

Curtis Wong, MD

Revision Brow Lift Questions

Dear dawnoftexas, During consultation the surgeon will discuss your options with you taking into consideration your previous procedure and what techniques were used. I prefer an endoscopic browlift with mid-face suspension where you have no visible incisions. An in office examination would determine the best course of action to provide you with a natural and youthful looking result that will reduce the hooding of your eyelids. See some examples on the link below and video above of endoscopic browlifts with mid-face suspension. This is a very remarkable procedure with a high level of patient satisfaction in young ladies like yourself. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Revision brow lift with excision of prior

Revision brow lift with excision of prior scar-it appears you have had a temporal brow lift. The bald area with scar can be excised and converted into a irregular Trichophytic incision to lift your brows as well as lower your hairline if needed. See a very experienced surgeon who can show you results of this technique

Revision Brow Lift

I agree that the results of your previous surgery are less than ideal and would encourage you to investigate a revision. I need to know what technique was use with your original surgery because scar location and hairline position must be evaluated. The scars at at the end of your hairline and in the temporal scalp are obvious but what other incisions were made? Did you have just a temporal lift or are other incisions that are not visible in the pictures provided? All of this would influence my recommendations.

Brow lift to open eyes ?

Not sure if another surgical brow lift is the best answer. It may or may not be. You can certainly try chemical brow lift using Botox. But do note that brow lift doesn't actually open the eyes and perhaps eyelid surgery could be more beneficial. Best to see an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Brow lift help-revision to open up eyes

A revision brow lift is more difficult than a primary bra less due to previous alterations in the anatomy and scar tissue formation. There are many issues that need to be addressed time brow lift is performed, such as placement of the incision to adjust the hairline upward or downward, adjust eyebrow asymmetry, lift the eyebrows either centrally or laterally, and soften the coordinator and frontalis muscles of the forehead which create wrinkles.  Choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience producing natural results consistently. For many  before and after examples of brow lifts, please see the link and the video below

Revision brow lift for natural results

Thank you for your question regarding revision brow lift. According to your history, I'm inferring that you had a pretrichophytic or hairline brow lift. A revision brow lift can involve revising the same scar and redoing the brow lift or applying an endoscopic approach involving new incisions in the scalp where they are not visible and heal fairly well. I recommend an in person consultation. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon