Where to get breast lift with implants?

I lost about 80 pounds and my breast no longer has volume I need a great boob doctor that's located in San Antonio Texas Please help

Aug/Pexy

Hello!  I routinely perform augmentation/mastopexy.  It is worth knowing that there exist plastic surgeons who divide that into two separate procedures.  I am committed to optimizing patient safety and outcomes, and I think that this operation can be done safely at one sitting.  

Best of luck and I hope to see you soon!

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Where to go for breast lift surger

Prices range based on your location and the surgeon providing the procedure. My strongest recommendation is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in the procedure of interest. Ask for photos as a good surgeon should have plenty of surgical cases to show you as satisfied patients will usually provide authorization for sharing their results. Good luck!

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with Implants

This is a very common problem after weight loss. Mastopexy augmentation (breast lift with implants) is a complex procedure that requires experience to shape the breast while supporting a breast implant, especially after weight-loss. There are numerous options with lift type and implant size and shape. An upper body lift may be an option to help with outer chest skin and arm skin.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Staged mastopexy/augmentation

I prefer to do the mastopexy first, reevaluate the need for implants and have two safe, well planned, well executed operations rather than put you in a position where there is higher risk and a high likelihood of 2 surgeries to fix the compromises that need to be made to do both together.  It is possible you won't need the implants!

A lift with an implant is controversial for two reasons.  First, when you perform a lift you are making everything tight and closing the wounds under tension.  It you add the expansive forces of the implant at the same time, you are fighting against yourself.  There are forces on the wound which try to make them separate, which results in wider, thicker, more irregular scars.  In the worst case, the wounds will open.  So compromises are usually made in the operating room by the surgeon because they cannot close the lift wounds over the appropriate sized implant.  Either less of a lift is performed so that the skin is not as tight and therefore there is less tension on the closure.  Or a smaller implant than would be appropriate is used so as to decrease the expansive forces.  Either way, you are compromising the aesthetic outcome.  Often the outcome is so compromised that a second revision surgery is required.  If however, you plan to have the lift first and then the augmentation after everything has healed, then you have two operation that are planned, both with much lower risk than the combined mastopexy/augmenation.  The outcomes of the two meticulously planned operations are much better and a more aesthetically pleasing, and a safer outcome is achieved.

The second reason the combination of mastopexy and augmentation is controversial is because of the risk of nipple necrosis (death of the nipple).  By making the skin tight for the lift, you are putting external pressure on the veins that supply the nipple.  By putting an expansive force on the undersurface of the breast with an implant, you are putting pressure on the thin walled veins that supply the nipple.  If the pressure by squeezing the veins between the implant and the skin is greater than the venous pressure in the veins, the flow will stop.  If the venous outflow stops, the arterial inflow is stopped.  If the arterial inflow is stopped, there is no oxygen for the healing wounds and the tissue dies.

Placing the implant on top of the muscle in combination with a lift puts the blood supply to the nipple at a much higher risk because in addition to the issue of pressure on the veins, you have to divide the blood vessels that are traveling from the pectoralis muscle directly into the breast (and to the nipple) in order to place the implant between the breast tissue and the muscle. This adds a third element of risk to an already risky operation.  Mastopexy/augmenation with sub glandular implant placement is by far the riskiest way to address your anatomic question.

Breast aug and mastopexy

Hi,

I recommend interviewing a few plastic surgeons in your area and finding someone that is familiar with patients after massive weight loss. These patients typically need to be treated in specific ways to best manage the extra skin. There should be some great surgeons in your area and RealSelf can help you find those. 

Dr. Blagg

Austin TX