I want to correct the sagging & space between my breasts, should I have Breast Lift, Implants, or both? (photos)

I am having a tummy tuck next month and started to think about my breasts now. I am 5'0, 101#, and a 32c (sized at Victoria's Secret). I am content with their appearance in a bra but am unhappy with the sagging and spacing! Would I need an implant with a lift to fill them out? Is saline or silicone recommended for someone with my breasts? Would I lose cup size(s) from the lift alone? I have had a consult with my surgeon but am looking for more opinions and would appreciate any feedback! Thanks.

Breast Implants Vs Breast Lift to Correct Sagging

Thank you for your question and pictures. This is a great subject to approach with your plastic surgeon. A breast lift addresses nipple placement and sagging, implants address volume. If you do not wish to increase volume, you may find a lift meets your desires. Many women have the space between their breasts that you mention. It is important to understand that if you have this now, you will have this after breast surgery. If you chose to have implants placed, there may be a softer contour to the insides of the breast. I hope this was helpful.

Lift?

Hello and thank you for your question. I think it is a good idea to do your breasts at the same time as the tt. Your breasts will look a little smaller with a lift alone. You therefore need to make the decision on whether or not you use implants. I personally think silicone are preferable, especially in someone with small breasts like you.
Peter Fisher M.D. 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift/Augmentation Options

Although your pictures are helpful, it's virtually impossible to make a specific recommendation without a physical examination. In general terms, your pictures demonstrate significant bilateral breast hypoplasia with associated breast sag.

Under these circumstances, breast lift surgery would help lift the nipple areola complexes into normal positon. This maneuver would also help develop cleavage between the two breasts. When patients want larger breasts or more upper breast fullness, a small breast implant can be utilized as well. The size of the implant utilized is entirely dependent upon the patient's aesthetic goals.

All of these issues should be discussed with your plastic surgeon before proceeding with surgery. Your surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your anatomic findings and achieves your aesthetic goals. If you decide to proceed with breast augmentation and breast lift surgery, they can be done in combination with abdominoplasty surgery.

Breast lift, implants, both?

Thank you for your photos. It looks like you would benefit from a lift, If you want more volume and upper pole fullness then an implant is a good option.

Many Plastic Surgeons would consider doing the augmentation and lift at the same time. There are more variables, and some additional risks. This is why some Plastic Surgeons are more conservative and will do this operation in two procedures. Others will do it in one, and get good results. There is no wrong answer, it just depends on you, your tissues, and your Plastic Surgeon.

Please seek out a couple of Board Certified Plastic Surgeons. Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. On line look for ASPS and/or ASAPS members. Discuss with them your goals. They will go over your medical history, and do a proper exam. At that point you will discuss what can be done. Remember to have reasonable expectations. The surgeon has your tissue to work with. Together you and the Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will come up with a reasonable plan.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

Breast lift for sagging and space between breasts

Thank you for your question and the your photograph.  It appears that you are a good candidate for a breast augmentation with breast lift.  I doubt you would be happy with a lift alone because you would have very little beast tissue left.  My recommendation would be silicone implants with a breast lift.  Direct your questions to you plastic surgeon.

I want to correct the sagging & space between my breasts, should I have Breast Lift, Implants, or both?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your  photographs and description of goals,  it is very likely that you will benefit from breast augmentation/lifting surgery. I would suggest that you communicate the same question with your plastic surgeon,  learn about the pros/cons associated with breast surgery as well as a potential risks/complications associated with breast augmentation/lifting surgery. It will be important for you to communicate your goals carefully as well. The use of goal pictures and/or computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication process. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Breast implants not needed

Thank you for your question and photographs.

Since you're happy with your current breast volume, the Ultimate Breast Lift technique is ideal for you. The UBL technique will correct the space between your breasts, give you a upper pole fullness without an implant and there will be no vertical scar.
Please feel free to look at my gallery and see what can be accomplished with the UBL technique. The UBL works best on deflated/saggy breasts.
I hope this information helps.
Kind regards,
Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation and Lift Recommended

Thank you for your pictures. I think you can benefit from a saline breast augmentation and lift with your tummy tuck. A lift alone will decrease your volume. 

Good luck.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, M.D., DDS, FACS

Breast lift to improve wide spaced sagging breasts

I agree that you should consult a plastic surgeon who is doing your tummy tuck for an in person examination and consultation.

That said a breast lift will improve your nipple areola position and breast shape but because the breasts have lost volume a breast implant is usually required to improve the fullness and firmness of the breast.  Generally speaking when performing a breast lift with and augmentation a sub-muscular placement of implant is preferred to reduce the chance of capsular contraction and provide coverage of the implant to lessen the risk of interference of blood supply to your nipple.  Please consult your plastic surgeon for your decision between saline and silicone gel breast implants.  Both can produce a nice result.

Best option is ONLY IN PERSON evaluations from boarded Plastic Surgeons in your city/state... Good Luck...