What would be the best way to get my breast implants removed?

I am 5'1 and 122 pds. I went from a C cup to a DDD cup. I desperately want them removed due to back and shoulder pain. I saved up for years to get this done. Just to have them removed 2 yrs after makes me really sad. I cannot afford to have them removed. Do you think BCBS would cover the removal? Please San Antonio Surgeons help me in anyway. Thank you in advance

Breast Implant Removal

It is highly unlikely that BCBS would help you out since this is considered cosmetic. I always encourage my patients to call their insurance carrier and discuss the situation in order to fully understand your policy. Best of luck.

Breast implant removal

Hi, I'm sorry you are experiencing this. 

Unfortunately, it is unlikely insurance will pay for removal. However, see the surgeon that initially put the implants in place, as he/she would likely be able to give you the best rate in having them removed.

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

What would be best way to have my implants removed?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry that your implants have not been what you anticipated.  I would first reach out to your surgeon to discuss your results and the likely cosmetic outcome of implant removal.  They can then discuss with you the steps of removal and costs associated.  Removal often is much cheaper than the original implant placement surgery.  Unfortunately insurance companies are unlikely to cover any costs.  Hope this helps. 

Implant removal

Hello. I am sorry that you are having issues with your implants. I have never heard of this being covered by insurance so I don't think that is an option for you. Implant removal should be cheaper than placing the implants and maybe if you speak with your plastic surgeon they may be able to work with you on financing and price. However, if your skin and tissue have stretched because of your implants you will likely need a lift to have your breasts look cosmetically acceptable. If you need a lift along with implant removal, the cost of surgery will increase. I wish you the best of luck and hope this helps.

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Implant removal

I'm sorry that you are experiencing problems with your implants.  I would recommend contacting the surgeon who placed the implants.  He/She may be able to work with you on a plan to keep the cost as low as possible.  

Camille Cash, MD

Getting implants removed

Thank you for asking about your breast implants.

• I understand completely your desire to have the implants removed.
  • The implants sound much too large for your small frame.
  • If the implants are saline and have only been in a few years, your surgeon may be able to remove them for you at a greatly reduced cost.
  • So I suggest you contact your original surgeon to see if he can help you.
  • I have never yet seen health insurance cover any procedure related to cosmetic breast implants.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS