Are my breast gonna even out? (photos)

6 weeks ago I got 400cc moderate plus silicone on both breast. Looking at my breast 6 weeks later my left breast seems lower and fuller.... my right breast seems like the crease is higher I feel it's smaller than the left breast and the right nipple is lower than the left.

Will my breasts even out?

Thank you for your question. At six weeks you still have a ways to go to truly see your final resting position. Your result is excellent and the asymmetry is expected based on your preoperative anatomy. You will very likely improve a bit more , be patient with it and enjoy your results. Best of luck!

Asymmetry after BA

Thank you for your question. You have good result. Pictures suggest you have asymmetry before surgery and it look more prominent after surgery. Your breasts will still change in the next coming few more weeks. Please follow instructions from your PS and reevaluate in 3 months.

Asymmetry

You look to have a beautiful result.  They will continue to settle a bit over the next few months.  As others have pointed out, the asymmetry you now see was present beforehand, but has been magnified when the breast was enlarged.  Everyone has some subtle asymmetries- some can be corrected and some are left alone because the risk of the corrective procedure outweighs the benefit.

Earl E. Ferguson III, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Are my breast gonna even out?

You actually have a very nice result. Most patients don't realize or are not told pre-op that any imperfections or asymmetry that is present pre-op will remain post op and may be magnified. If you look closely at your pre-op photo, everything that you mention was present before surgery.

Preop anatomy often dictates postop findings

Thanks for your question and the photos. Congratulations on your surgery. You have a great result. The asymmetry that you point out is accurate. If you look critically at your preop photo you will see that the crease is a little higher and the volume a little less. While the crease can sometimes be lowered a little, it is difficult to change this a lot for fear of weakening the lower support and ending up with bottoming out. Unfortunately the placement of an implant makes what was a slight asymmetry a little more pronounced. With time this might change a little, but not much. I would personally wait a minimum of 6 months and if you and your surgeon feel it is a marked asymmetry then give consideration to increasing the implant size on the right only. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are  early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Differences

You are still early in the healing phase and have two different breasts that may not heal at the same rate. Please give yourself time, and discuss any concerns you have with your doctor.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon