Breast Augmentation. (photos)

What treatment is advised? Would Breast Augmentation be enough to achieve a desirable outcome?

Breast Enhancement

Thanks for your question and photos.  I think you would be an excellent candidate for enhancement of your breasts with breast implants.  Although you didn't specify what you would like to achieve, it is apparent that you have wide-spaced breasts with a constricted or smaller, narrow base width of your breasts.  Breast Implant and your own soft tissue dynamics are going to be important in allowing breast projection and fullness without making you look overly unnatural.  A meeting with a board  certified plastic surgeon, taking appropriate measurements, discussing your desires and vision for breast enhancement,  as well as surgical risks and outcomes will help to make an informed decision.Good luck!

Do I need a Breast Augmentation

Thanks for your question and photos.  I would agree that a Breast Augmentation would make a dramatic difference.  However, you do have constricted breasts.  I would recommend that you see an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area who could review options for you.

Suresh Koneru, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation surgery

Thanks for your question. Undergoing breast augmentation surgery would certainly be able to provide you with larger, natural-looking breasts. From the photos it appears that you have some degree of breast constriction which results in tightness at the base of the breast. This condition is not uncommon and the constrictions simply need to be divided at the time of surgery. I suggest you schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals and expectations. Good luck and all the best.

Ian MacArthur, MD, FRCSC
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. Breast augmentation is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results in a variety of breasts types.  Most important is a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon regarding this procedure.  Don’t settle for less!

Carolina Restrepo, MD
Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.If your desired outcome is larger, fuller breasts then a breast augmentation is enough to achieve this result. You most likely need some of the tension released in your lower pole which is causing the flatness in that area then have an implant placed to increase the size of your breasts. I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical examination of your breasts performed and at that point the surgeon will give you their recommendations. At my practice, I use high profile Sientra implants to create a round full result that looks natural. Additionally, we use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix  is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation for my breasts?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • Your breasts, as you probably have noticed, are are little narrow (tight, constricted) in the breast crease.
  • Your surgeon needds to release this natural tightness and then put in an implant.
  • It is a bit more surgery than a standard breast augmentation but yes, you should have a nice result.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Would a BA be advised for you?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Breast Augmentation

Your pictures represent a very common finding in patients wanting a breast augmentation.  Each particular patient has different goals and desires regarding their ideal post-surgery breast.  In your circumstance, I would encourage you to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  During consultation, you need to express your current concerns and emphasize what you would like to be.  Based on your pictures alone, a breast augmentation is possible.  Emphasis will need to directed at release/relaxation of your tight lower pole of your breast.  You seem to have some asymmetry in the location of you lower breast fold - your surgeon should make you aware of this and discuss how they plan to correct it.  As far as a lift, I feel the actual examination and breast measurements will best direct that discussion point.  When ready, I encourage you to seek consultation and discuss these points.Best of luck,Dr. Mooty

R. Clark Mooty, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation could achieve your goals

Yes, I believe you could get a nice result with breast augmentation alone. When you go for a consultation with a plastic surgeon, your goals are discussed and you can see outcomes by reviewing the doctor's before and after photos. These things will greatly assist you  in matching your desires with your expectations. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." Good luck to you.

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. It is possible to do breast implants and the lower pole may need to release. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Ven Erella, MD