Would a breast augmentation correct my double creases under my breast ? (photo)

The faint crease was where my original breast crease was however a bra deformed them giving them a faint double band or double bubble look( one is also slightly bigger than the other) . Would just getting a breast augmentation correct this and could I have the placement of the implant under the muscle? I'm not looking for a breast lift.

Doctor Answers 9

Transaxillary endoscopic sub muscular breast augmentation is the best choice

You look like a perfect candidate for a breast augmentation to address your particular concern, assuming that the correct approach is taken.  If the surgery is performed using the transaxillary incision (armpit) using the surgical camera, you should be able to eliminate the extra crease.  None of the other approaches will give the correct view of the area, or the ability to open the fold in the way that will address your problem.  

The most sophisticated approach to breast augmentation is through the armpit with a surgical camera (transaxillary endoscopic). Using this modern approach the space can be crafted under direct vision, with virtually no bleeding and no postoperative bruising. Most importantly, the shape of the breast is meticulously created. The other, older methods of insertion are technologically less advanced. Both silicone and saline implants can be placed through the armpit by a surgeon with skill and experience using this approach. The incision in the crease is the oldest method of placing the implants and puts a scar directly on the breast.

Breast Augmentation

Breast implants can help to fill out this area which you are concerned about.  Careful planning will help you achieve the look you desire. 

Would a breast augmentation correct my double creases under my breast ?

Hi and thanks for your question. It is really difficult to see what you describe from the photo. See a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who can examine you and make a treatment plan. Good luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 16 reviews

Would a breast augmentation correct my double creases under my breast ?

It's hard to appreciate the double creases under your breast from the photo.  However, a breast augmentation (adding volume) and possible tissue release should help improve issues like irregular creases near the breast fold.  Be sure to consult with an experienced plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS
Dallas Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 16 reviews

Crease should smooth out with surgery

Thanks for your question. It's hard to appreciate the crease's definition in the photo. It is likely that a dual plane augmentation would help correct this by releasing a portion of the gland and also releasing the origin of the pectoralis muscle. There are times where I will simultaneously add fat to this area at the time of implant placement, but I don't know if that would be necessary in your case.
Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area who is an ASAPS member and specializes in cosmetic breast surgery. The Smart Beauty Guide is an excellent source. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD
Austin Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 84 reviews

Extra Crease?

I would think that it would still be faintly there but that the extra volume sure would help. 

It is a little hard to tell from the photo.

Of course, the next step is a consultation.

Good Luck!

Michael E. Decherd, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 52 reviews

Double Crease Correction

Based on your photo, it looks like an Augmentation will help you.  I would recommend seeing a very experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.  It looks like you will need a little extra work to release the breast tissue but it is hard to tell from the photo.

Suresh Koneru, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 19 reviews

Would a breast augmentation correct my double creases under my breast ? (photo)

Based on the photos, I think that your double crease could be corrected during an augmentation. Sometimes the breast tissue itself needs to be released to provide a smooth contour. An in person exam will be needed to be certain. You are definitely a good candidate for an augmentation if you are otherwise healthy. Good luck!

Breast augmentation

Breast augmentation should help correct volume and by placing tension on the lower pole of your breast will likely smooth out what you are calling a double crease.  I would suggest submuscular pocket placement.

John Burns, MD
Dallas Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.