Will I benefit from Rhinoplasty?

I like the right side of my nose better than my left. My left side seems longer (from side profile) than my right side. Also I notice a small bump irregularlity on my left side which my right side doesn't have. All I want if my left side to match my right side. Can this be done with Rhinoplasty?

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. The best advice you can receive is through an in-person consultation.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish making those more symmetrical by shaving down dorsal hump on the one side. Osteotomies will probably be required as well so that both sides match. A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish these goals by making all of the incisions on the inside of the nose. For many before-and-after examples, please see the link and the video below

Will I benefit from Rhinoplasty?

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, the asymmetries can usually be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would be worthwhile.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do without seeing photos and more importantly without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Can this be done with rhinoplasty?

Correcting asymmetry and improving nasal shape, form, and function are all possible with rhinoplasty. I recommend scheduling with a rhinoplasty specialist for a consultation. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Photos for advices

Thanks for the question.

Send your photos to us to give you the advices you need and want.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD