Just had a baby 4 months ago, was wondering if I'd be a good candidate for umbilicoplasty? (photos)

Just had a baby 4 months ago, was wondering if I'd be a good candidate for umbilicoplasty? I just hate the way my belly button looks now, and I still have a permanent hole from when I used to have my belly button pierced. I'd rather not have to get a tummy tuck since I'm only 23 and the stretch marks don't bother me much.

Yes

You are an excellent candidate for an umbilicoplasty.   Most patients wait 4-6 months post baby to do it.  The small incision is made in the upper umbilicus and skin is removed and tightened up.  You will look great.  Look for a board certified plastic surgeon. Good Luck!

Post Baby Belly Button

Congratulations on your new baby!  I would recommend waiting at least 6 months after delivery before considering any kind of surgery on your belly button.  You may have a small umbilical hernia causing deformation in which case all or a part of the surgery may be covered by your health insurance.I would recommend seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area after your baby turns 6 mos old and see what your options are.  If you have a hernia it will need to be corrected in the operating room.  If you just have some extra skin it could possibly be repaired in the office.Hope that helps!

Suresh Koneru, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon