Areola size post mastoplexy measures 30mm. Doc said he cut it to 38mm. (Photo)

I'm 3 weeks post op. I have a terrible time communicating w my surgeon. Firstly I asked him not cut down my Areola. He said he needed to cut them down a little bit. I was 50mm when they were erect before surgery. I have d to dd breasts. This is way too small!!! Help!! I'm so sad. I wanted them to be at least a 45mm. I was explicit about not cutting them down

Areola size post mastoplexy measures 30mm. Doc said he cut it to 38mm.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Areola Size After Mastopexy

Areola size after mastopexy surgery will likely enlarge over time. There are more problems keeping them small than predictably having them stretch somewhat over time. They will improve and it would be encouraged to have that discussion and follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Post op areola size

following mastopexies or reductions will enlarge as you heal.  If you end up with 3 cm areolas, you have a valid gripe with your surgeon and should work with him to find solutions to help you achieve a better outcome for you.

Curtis Wong, MD