Is it ok to have sex after one week of BA?

I had it and now I am freakingout because I read that your not supposed to have sex tell after two weeks of BA. What should I do? I am nervous now. How do I know I didn't messed anything up in my boobs?

Hello, thank you for your question! In my opinion, it is best to  avoid heavy lifting and strenuous activity for six weeks. You may, however, do normal activities at any time if they cause no pain or discomfort. Let your body tell you what you can or cannot do. Aerobic exercise will raise your blood pressure, which could cause late bleeding and harm your result. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!! It may require the full 6 weeks before you can do any upper body work-outs, yoga, etc. Your #BCPS will have some of his own healing protocols. I recommend that you speak with your PS and let him know. He may want to evaluate you, or he may just wait until your next appointment. Best wishes!

Sex after breast augmentation?

I tell my patients to keep their heart rate and blood pressure normal for 1 week. We have never seen late problems after sex within a week. You would probably know if something has changed in the way it looks or feels. Have your plastic surgeon check you out at your next appointment. Congratulations on your surgery. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Silicone Implants

I recommend you discuss this question with your surgeon.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how are healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Each surgeon has their own post operative protocols that differ. I recommend patients refrain for 6 weeks. This questions should be address by your chosen surgeon.

Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Sex after breasts augmentation

Dear Catalina,
          NO ! (wait one month)
                             Dr Widder

Thank you for your question!  Certainly, follow your surgeon's instructions for postoperative care and restrictions, but it is common for most women to resume many of the preoperative activities and duties within a week. I typically restrict heavy lifting >20# and vigorous exercise for approximately 4-6 weeks.  Swelling and settling of the implant typically occurs over a 6-12 week period along with placement in a compression-type bra for the same time period, while your incisions commonly resolve to its final appearance in up to a year. I typically allow patients to resume sexual activity once they feel comfortable. The main purpose for all of these restrictions in general is not to do anything too vigorous or strenuous to disrupt the breast pocket or increase heart rate to potentially cause bleeding.  I cannot think of anything that could possibly occur at the 14 day postoperative date that occurs that suddenly such activity is now fine to do.  If all is fine now, likely nothing detrimental occurred.  As with all restrictions, be cognizant, careful, and mindful of such activities in order to optimize your result.  Hope that this helps! Best wishes for a great result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Thank you for your question.  If you had injured anything during sex you would have significant pain in the breast, or a change in the shape of the breast.  If you feel normal then it is very unlikely that she caused any injury.

Sex after BA

While most surgeons would advise against having sex too early, you had it already and this is a bit like worrying over spilled milk. It does look like you have no particular problems other than feeling nervous, so the best solution would be a quick check with your surgeon to make sure that everything is fine.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Activity after BA

Thank you for your question, but not to worry. As long as you are gentle w/ your activity (especially the breasts), you can do most activities right away after BA. You'd want to avoid strenuous activity or straining for the first week or so. As long as you don't have any new pain or symptoms, I'm sure you'll be just fine. Check in with your surgeon next week. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Sex After Breast Augmentation

Different surgeons may have different guidelines regarding sex after breast augmentation.
Generally speaking, the concern in the first few days/weeks after surgery is any vigorous activity that may traumatize the surgical site and interfere with healing or cause bleeding. So sexual activities that are physically less vigorous may be OK, but do speak with your surgeon about your concerns.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon